The curse of Rush Limbaugh spreads to Clear Channel!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I guess hate speech and rhetoric does have a price! Clear Channel announces its earnings, and once again, Clear Channel loses $203 million dollars! Clear Channel blames RUSH LIMBAUGH for the tremendous losses in revenue!
Daily Kos: DING DING DING - Wall Street Bell Rings A $60 Million Loss For Rush Limbaugh & Clear Channel Execs

SO much for Rush's talking points while on air where he states that "I make money for my sponsors".... LOL:rofl:
Unfortunately, the facts dont spell that out!

How much longer can Clear Channel afford to lose by keeping Limbaugh on the air??

Peace

TOS

Dnking

FireFalcon
I guess hate speech and rhetoric does have a price! Clear Channel announces its earnings, and once again, Clear Channel loses $203 million dollars! Clear Channel blames RUSH LIMBAUGH for the tremendous losses in revenue!
Daily Kos: DING DING DING - Wall Street Bell Rings A $60 Million Loss For Rush Limbaugh & Clear Channel Execs

SO much for Rush's talking points while on air where he states that "I make money for my sponsors".... LOL:rofl:

How much longer can Clear Channel afford to lose by keeping Limbaugh on the air??

Peace

TOS

Upsmule

So having a different POV is now a curse in Utopia. No change here either.

Look, I think Limbaugh is a huge blabbermouth... an annoying windbag
I've never had the stomach to tolerate for more than the few soundbites
I've heard when others are bashing him. Nevertheless! He has the right to
his views and any sponsors that want to come or go. It's called America...

Not a Limbaugh curse....puleez. :zombismiley:

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member

Only TOS listens to Rush all the time.....and moniters FOX news all the time. No worries.

Upsmule

The pot calling the kettle black -(no pun intended :P)- opening a thread about Limbaugh with the phrase "hate speech and rhetoric."
That hat in the pic above is clearly one size fits all. Haha!

​Thats great.

Upsmule

Like I said....something about Limbaugh has never appealed to me, even though I LOVE that he pisses off all the right idiots and their refusal to see things as they actually are. Again, nevertheless he has the right, that is....as long as this is still "America" and not the leftist's utopian lunacy the likes of Pelosi and Reid try to sell the gullible government trusters on a daily basis, he has the right to dispute any and all policies of this or ANY administration. Mr Penn Jillette states it PERFECTLY.... redefine what you've been spoon fed what "tolerance" really is.

Penn Jillette: Why Tolerance Is Condescending - YouTube

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

We are talking about MONEY here UPSMULE, the almighty dollar. The owner of the Rush Limbaugh show is losing their *****es thanks to EL RUSHBO no matter what his opinions are. Nobody is saying he cant have an opinion in this piece. Instead, the commentary is how his "opinions" of hate speech and extreme right wing rhetoric now comes at a price. The likes of Limbaugh, Hannity or the right wing talking heads on radio NO LONGER have an influence on elections.

Their listening base continues to shrink year over year. Now, the sponsors are following suit. Clear Channel losing $203.00 million dollars goes to show just how much the GOP has lost with its main stream media outlets for its ideology. Limbaugh is costing the owners of CLear Channel a ton of money and its only a matter of time before they have to make changes to turn that around.

Peace

TOS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Peace

TOS

Rush has been losing market share for several years as the "Angry White Man" format loses popularity. Limbaugh also appeals to a lot of oldsters, who obviously represent a declining demographic. Besides those two factors, Limbaugh's outright lies and desperate grabs for the spotlight are starting to wear pretty thin. He's way past his prime.

Upsmule

Rush has been losing market share for several years as the "Angry White Man" format loses popularity. Limbaugh also appeals to a lot of oldsters, who obviously represent a declining demographic. Besides those two factors, Limbaugh's outright lies and desperate grabs for the spotlight are starting to wear pretty thin. He's way past his prime.

Exactly. The oldsters remember the late sixties and the state of the union of the seventies. There was no alternate point of view to tickle the itchy ears of the majority of Americans prior to Limbaugh and FOX News. All news sources embellish in favor of the producers, geez wake the hell up already.

Upsmule

He may be a fat POS who's way past his time....but his subject matter is not! "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism." --Thomas Jefferson

But I guess that only applies if GW Bush is president?

Hypocrites.

tourists24

TOS,,, you are sounding a little like a corporate boss now...... when money gets tight blame the employee. If Rush were such a problem he would be gone... I think he is still number one though correct?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,,, you are sounding a little like a corporate boss now...... when money gets tight blame the employee. If Rush were such a problem he would be gone... I think he is still number one though correct?

That depends on geography and demographics.. If you are WHITE ages 40 to 55, then RUSH is still number 1, but in every other catagory, he is not.

Both Hannity and Rush are number 1 in those age catagory. Younger people and women dont listen to either man with any majority.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Also, I didnt blame Rush for the companies losses, HIS BOSSES did.

Peace

TOS

purplesky

Why would anyone listen to Rush Limbaugh in 2013? His show is a one sided wingnut conversation that is dead. Just like the Republican party. ITS DEAD.

tourists24

Why would anyone listen to Rush Limbaugh in 2013? His show is a one sided wingnut conversation that is dead. Just like the Republican party. ITS DEAD.
Not sure the answer to that one,,, but millions do every single day.... and he remains the most listened to....

Upsmule

We'll see how dead who is come 2014 midterms. No more dead than a majority party that can't even vote to pass it's own bs.

purplesky

Not sure the answer to that one,,, but millions do every single day.... and he remains the most listened to....

Rush Limbaugh just isnt relevant anymore. Its not like America will miss him when hes gone. Millions of people have his show on as backround noise.