The day after thanksgiving

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember when I first started out we would keep the turkeys for ourselves but in the latter years we would donate them.
Yeah and what did we do 1 or 2 years with vouchers?

I wish they would still give the PT turkeys. It meant a few days without having to pay for a meal at a time when things were very tight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish they would still give the PT turkeys. It meant a few days without having to pay for a meal at a time when things were very tight.

Several of our drivers (since retired) were very active with one of our local American Legion posts. They would collect the turkeys (and vouchers) and assemble gift baskets for those less fortunate.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Just had an appointment yesterday. Bone healing great.. They start me on more aggressive therapy tomorrow to get my strength and flexibility up a bit. My next appointment isn't until 1/06/16 so I will be off until at least then. My chiropractor has actually been doing a ton for me. He specializes a bit in shoulders so he enjoys torturing me. He's been breaking up a lot of the damaged tissue and muscle so that I can actually get more out of therapy.
Man,I feel for you. I had two surgeries on the same shoulder. The first was to reattach the labrum in my left shoulder,it had detached from the bone so it was screwed back in to place.The second was a "clean out" of scar tissue from the first surgery. It sucked and therapy sucked. But now I feel like a new person.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care

That seems right.They had a refrigerated trailer for turkeys then the last two years was a voucher from Kroger and then they went away.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Any good news on the financial end?
Finally getting homeowners insurance to pay some towards my medical bills. Then what is left over Teamsters is supposed to cover. Just waiting on a letter from his insurance telling me it's been paid and then Teamsters can settle up. If anything I should just owe copays once all is said and done. Hopefully that ill be the end of that fiasco.

BlackCoffee

does ups give us the day after thanksgiving as an optional (flex) day? For full time drivers. Are we off with pay? I can't remember if it changed last year or not thank you!

Starting last year it became on option day. All the others years prior it was run correctly and was a day off as it should be. Then some jackass in management must have thought he was making a good decision. It backfired and was a blunder.

That being said have no idea what they're doing this year. Knowing UPS they'll do the same thing again. Even though only a fool does something over and over again geting the same result. But we all know that UPS is proably the worse run company on the planet.

rod

Retired 22 years
Two years in a row our center manager said he was going to donate any leftover turkeys ( we usually had a half a dozen of them or so) to the food shelf. Those two years the extra ones were left in a the building over the 4 day weekend right under one of the heat ducts. In just about any other place in the loading area they would have stayed frozen or at least not thawed out to the point of being rotten. Come Monday morning they had to be thrown away.

Cementups

Box Monkey
How bout cookin it! Or just shot it with your favorite shotgun.

There are no guns in my house so I therefore have no favorite shotgun. And if I did have a favorite gun it would be a 30-06, but that wouldn't do much damage to a frozen turkey.

I would actually like to drop it into a turkey fryer still frozen like a rock......from a distance........just to see what happens. Or what kind of height we could get out of the launch.

Cementups

Box Monkey
newman.gif

9.5 everyday

There are no guns in my house so I therefore have no favorite shotgun. And if I did have a favorite gun it would be a 30-06, but that wouldn't do much damage to a frozen turkey.

I would actually like to drop it into a turkey fryer still frozen like a rock......from a distance........just to see what happens. Or what kind of height we could get out of the launch.
It would be like dropping a role of mentos into a two liter of soda, but much more bad ass.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Then some jackass in management must have thought he was making a good decision. It backfired and was a blunder.

That being said have no idea what they're doing this year. Knowing UPS they'll do the same thing again. Even though only a fool does something over and over again geting the same result. But we all know that UPS is proably the worse run company on the planet.
It wasn't a blunder, and if you hate it so much, why don't you leave?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Two years in a row our center manager said he was going to donate any leftover turkeys ( we usually had a half a dozen of them or so) to the food shelf. Those two years the extra ones were left in a the building over the 4 day weekend right under one of the heat ducts. In just about any other place in the loading area they would have stayed frozen or at least not thawed out to the point of being rotten. Come Monday morning they had to be thrown away.
Turkeys were always given out at Christmas, not Thanksgiving.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

A .30-06 would blow a frozen turkey to pieces.

A muzzle velocity of almost 3000 ft/s and almost 3000 ft/lbf of energy using a 150 grain bullet.

There wouldn't be much left and I would like to be there to see it.