The dilemma that man has gotten himself into.

Integrity

Binge Poster
For Discussion:

I have heard it said that the real dilemma that man has gotten himself into is he behaves as if he belongs to himself.

Do you behave as if you belong to yourself or as if you belong to another?

I believe that I belong to another. I seek to please the one who I belong to.

Sincerely,
I

Returntosender

Can I be the one you belong to? I would like to test the limits of how far you are willing to go to please me. But seriously I'm glad you have returned. You always have something interesting to say, and other posters have interesting things to say to you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
He's Back!
oldngray,

Although I have not posted much lately and have spent less time on the BC I haven't gone anywhere.

I appreciate your humor but it really is a distraction to the topic.

Can I ask that if you are going to add some humor to the threads that I start, that you at least do so in the context of participating in the topic?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Can I be the one you belong to? I would like to test the limits of how far you are willing to go to please me. But seriously I'm glad you have returned. You always have something interesting to say, and other posters have interesting things to say to you.
Returntosender,

The reality is that you already belong to the One that I belong.

All of creation does.

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate the encouragement.

Sincerely,
I

upschuck

For Discussion:

I have heard it said that the real dilemma that man has gotten himself into is he behaves as if he belongs to himself.

Do you behave as if you belong to yourself or as if you belong to another?

I believe that I belong to another. I seek to please the one who I belong to.

Sincerely,
I
I do believe that I belong to someone else.
I do believe that I should not act holier than thou.
To err is human, and I am human and err everyday.
I do not act like a stoic dude, who wants to be around that? or be one
I am honest with my weaknesses, and don't hide that fact. We are not perfect, just forgiven.
I try to live like I should, and have fun at the same time.
I try not to judge(speck and plank in eye thing) God loves everyone, I should too(I don't like everyone though)

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do believe that I belong to someone else.
I do believe that I should not act holier than thou.
To err is human, and I am human and err everyday.
I do not act like a stoic dude, who wants to be around that? or be one
I am honest with my weaknesses, and don't hide that fact. We are not perfect, just forgiven.
I try to live like I should, and have fun at the same time.
I try not to judge(speck and plank in eye thing) God loves everyone, I should too(I don't like everyone though)
upschuck,

Who do you belong to?

On what do you base your beliefs and your manner of living on?

Sincerely,
I

Belonging to someone - that's just weird. Even in the context of religion I don't understand you defining yourself as an object that is owned. Following the principles of what you believe in shouldn't be synonymous with belong to someone else. But hey, to each their own.

I say this as a former student of theology, who studied long enough to realize that my logic leads me to be a non believer.

Or you don't believe in any god's - there are so many to choose from. Being an educated non believer I respect those that believe. Not participating in any theology doesn't suggest that I or anyone else with my belief structure puts themselves in a hierarchy with anyone.

oldngray

nowhere special
Or you don't believe in any god's - there are so many to choose from. Being an educated non believer I respect those that believe. Not participating in any theology doesn't suggest that I or anyone else with my belief structure puts themselves in a hierarchy with anyone.
A student of theology should realize that not believing in God indicates you believe in yourself, therefore you are your own god.

A student of theology should realize that not believing in God indicates you believe in yourself, therefore you are your own god.

I suppose I do believe in myself, that I am responsible for my actions and that my moral code is up to me to live by. This moral code is determined by being kind, respectful, generous, lawful and decent - not because a book or theological entity tells me to, but because it's how I wish to be treated.