* the Drivers

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have heard it before from sups "we were hoping they would fail horribly" to make a point to a building manager or etc. UPS, where failing is not only an option, it is likely.

W

What The Hawk?

Working on preload this morning trying to shoehorn over 230 pieces into a truck smaller than a p700. Not sure what model but it was old as :censored2:.

Grandinroad, Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs- dozens of enormous boxes that simply wouldn't fit. Not sure which universe dispatch was living in this morning. Truck across the belt was in a similar situation.

Supervisor tells me to leave all the enormous bulk stuff under the belt and that the driver can figure out what to do with it.

Driver is noticeably angry and I ask my supervisor if I should help him load since he seems mad.

He responds "He gets paid $35/hr with overtime to be mad. :censored2: 'em"

Just wanted to let the drivers know that you are supported and appreciated.
It happens. I see drivers upset about the littlest thing.

W

What The Hawk?

Working on preload this morning trying to shoehorn over 230 pieces into a truck smaller than a p700. Not sure what model but it was old as :censored2:.

Grandinroad, Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs- dozens of enormous boxes that simply wouldn't fit. Not sure which universe dispatch was living in this morning. Truck across the belt was in a similar situation.

Supervisor tells me to leave all the enormous bulk stuff under the belt and that the driver can figure out what to do with it.

Driver is noticeably angry and I ask my supervisor if I should help him load since he seems mad.

My FIRST day, the safety guy training me told me I didn't have to do my best because drivers are paid "like $50 an hour". If you're planning on being a driver (I am) then that attitude is toxic.

Gotta love the ack bassword thinking of UPS. They do thid crap in our center all the time. Hurry up and get the $10 an hour preloader off the clock asap but the $35 an hour driver? No load him up and make him load is own truck too. Brilliant!
All the UPS driver does is ride around all day dropping off a few boxes here and there and talking to the cute receptionist who signs for them. Then saves the easy residential work for when he is on OT for $50+/hr. While the preloader does all the hard work for $10/hr.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Just make sure you follow Orion and dig the 6 7 and 8 random crap out of your bulked out truck when running airs.... appease the metric

MC0493

I love it when one of the trucks in the lineup my loader has is bricked, there is a point where he just gives up and leaves. Car will be full to the back door and anything else just gets left behind the truck.

I'm also tired of being a damn miracle worker. Jam me up beyond possible and then when i ask for help tell me to call other sups, who then say they have nothing. And of course if i were to fail and have missed businesses or pickups then it's my fault. Everything is the drivers fault, bad load? Obviously your fault sort it. Can't get all your air off on time because you have too much? Obviously you should have said something.

BUCN85

I love it when one of the trucks in the lineup my loader has is bricked, there is a point where he just gives up and leaves. Car will be full to the back door and anything else just gets left behind the truck.

I'm also tired of being a damn miracle worker. Jam me up beyond possible and then when i ask for help tell me to call other sups, who then say they have nothing. And of course if i were to fail and have missed businesses or pickups then it's my fault. Everything is the drivers fault, bad load? Obviously your fault sort it. Can't get all your air off on time because you have too much? Obviously you should have said something.
Don't forget if you have a missload and find it late it's your fault

MC0493

Yes i love that, it's my responsibility to tear the truck apart and find someone else's mistake and when you happen to glance over that 1 package out of 200+ in the truck you get burned and it's your fault.

jaker

trolling
The life

Attachments

• IMG_0991.PNG
    IMG_0991.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 175

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
As i tell my center manager, you give me a truck loaded well you get a good day, give me a s@## loaded truck you get a s@##$$* day

MC0493

Yet they can't get that through their heads. I was filing 9.5 grievances over and over since the route i was on was being over dispatched. I said for months it's too much work for the route yet they ignore that and assume i'm just going slow.

Dr.Brownz

No one cares

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Today was very demoralizing: I unsuccessfully got maybe 28 out of 35 boxes just barely larger than the top shelves into a 400-piece car and then do similar shenanigans to a 240 piece p600. sorters, supervisors, and new hires bricked my compartments with wrong packages. Sup then immediately sent people home when their car was finished, to the tune of me being hounded alone by management in my last 30 minutes.
I have to give my supervisor an award for facing my bricked-out car with a quick pivot to the feet, "get the rest of the bulk in" with a straight face, looking directly at the wall.
It would be much easier to have dispatch cut out packages and add them into a nearby route with just 200 packages, easy way to buff the pph metric in a meaningful way, but that's not the ups way of doing things.
It also should be stated as a given that half of my cars were :censored2:ed out of any meaningful order, even stretching out the definition of "placing packages on the right shelf" by marking clusters of 6ks in the 7k section, 1ks on top of floor packages. a couple of bulk stops in the back shelves but I won't be there to mention it to the drivers, etc.