The Economy is booming, Unemployment is almost at record lows.......

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So what kind of people will be applying for Helper Positions this peak? I'm thinking it will be a disaster .Who wants to work in the cold,the rain,the snow for peanuts?? I remember back in the day we'd get College Kids home on Christmas Break that wanted extra money but those days are LONG GONE and they ain't coming back.We live in Interesting Times

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So what kind of people will be applying for Helper Positions this peak? I'm thinking it will be a disaster .Who wants to work in the cold,the rain,the snow for peanuts?? I remember back in the day we'd get College Kids home on Christmas Break that wanted extra money but those days are LONG GONE and they ain't coming back.We live in Interesting Times
We are quickly reaching a point where peak is so much more volume than the rest of the year it's hard to justify the cost to deliver it all.

This is one reason they company is pushing so hard for automation. It's simply a must to process peak volume.

The Driver

I drive.
It's not going to be pretty. I'll take a helper, any helper that shows up and walks. We can go as slow as they want to walk for all I care. I just don't wanna work that hard for 70 hours.

Indecisi0n

Oh thank baby Jesus for feeders. I couldn't stand having to babysit these idiot helpers. I'd have to tell them over and over again, don't run, stop crossing the front of the truck, don't walk through people's gardens etc. It got to the point where I just didn't care anymore and stop saying anything.

Brownslave688

Oh thank baby Jesus for feeders. I couldn't stand having to babysit these idiot helpers. I'd have to tell them over and over again, don't run, stop crossing the front of the truck, don't walk through people's gardens etc. It got to the point where I just didn't care anymore and stop saying anything.
I have to tell them quit talking to me. You're here to be my runner for a few weeks. Lol

Brownslave688

Our business manager goes down to the parole board every Monday morning but gets no takers.

They can make more living on unemployment or slinging dope.
When I deliver to the hood I get asked 2-3 times a week if ups is hiring. When I saw yep always They change their tune. Just looking for somewhere to apply and make it look like they're trying to get a job.

JustDeliverIt

I'm already hearing ads on the local radio station that Amazon is hiring. They're already advertising and taking people in, going to be slim pickings once we start looking.

km3

I'm already hearing ads on the local radio station that Amazon is hiring. They're already advertising and taking people in, going to be slim pickings once we start looking.

A couple years ago they were handing out $250 weekly bonuses during peak. Might have to up their game to $500/week or more if they want any help.

Brownslave688

A couple years ago they were handing out $250 weekly bonuses during peak. Might have to up their game to $500/week or more if they want any help.
If the contract gets shot down and they are only making $10 an hour or so they are definitely going to have to throw in some extra incentives.

BuckyBadger

I've said this for months. It's just not going to work at the current level, and not even at 13/hr. They may get people through the door but they'll drop after a day.