The End of Peak!

arice11

Now that peak is pretty much over, my hours have been cut drastically
i'm only working about 4 hours max each day.
This kind of sucks!
Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

NY11725

Maybe there's something I'm not getting, but I imagine most part-timers are looking at ~4 hours for the next 9 months or so.

I thought he was a driver only getting 4 hours a day :P

In that case, 4 hours is awesome man.

We start tonight at 6:50pm, and I am out by 9pm. So be happy with your 4 hours.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah, my OT was cut back to less than 4 hours also. Should change in the next few weeks though because unexpected volume will not be expected. We had drivers out with helpers today as a side note.

ocnewguy

I was expecting to go back to 3 1/2 yesterday. Word on the street at the beginning of Twi was light, back to normal from here on out.

Start time 6, clocked out at 1245. "Unexpected volume" was what we were being told. :happy-very:

Macbrother

Now that peak is pretty much over, my hours have been cut drastically
i'm only working about 4 hours max each day.
This kind of sucks!
Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

I take it this was your first peak? If so then yeah, get used to 4 hours (with very rare exceptions) until mid October. Take every opportunity you can to double shift (if it's available) or better yet get a 2nd job / schooling, PT generally serves only two purposes; to wait in line and to get benefits, it's certainly not for the income.

NY11725

End of the night?! you mean 2hrs later?? I ALWAYS get my 3.5 no matter what..

Do what I do, and then I bet you would just feel like going home.

And, I usually never only put in 2 hours. It was just light night. I usually get around 10 to 15 minutes before 3.5

working up a sweat

I work in an air hub on night sort. No 3.5 guaranteed hour rule here. The sort finishes and we go home. Some low volume nights, it may last only an hour. The sunrise and twi average about 8 hours a week. Non-peak avg of 12 hour work week on nights. Everybody is here for the health benefits and pension. Turnover for Pters is about 5% a year in my hub. 3.5 hour guarantee applies to only the health and pension benefits credits for us punching in.

tre305

Although the past few months have me some of the biggest checks I've seen, outside of jumping, I'm actually happy to be back to a maximum of 5 hrs daily. Can't tell y'all how happy I was to see a 5:35am start time again.

Kind of funny how we had to borrow trucks from the airport as well as a nearby hub for peak and now that things have died down, we're still in need of more trucks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol peak ain't over for those drivers that are still working. Ill bet a third of my center is over 12 hours today. Our heavy volume surprised them. Funny thing is ill bet none of the people getting their packages are surprised. Ill bet tracking said it would be here today. If only we had access to that information...

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Getting the OT is nice and all, yet it effects the time you can sleep beforehand.

Sure the money is good for this so-called PT job. I wish every week could be like this. But it comes to an end and it goes away for awhile. I'm still gonna get about 5 hours each day anyways. The sleeping in part is the best of all. Forget the time on the clock and just keep adding up senority each day, week, month and year. Sooner or later it pays out for you. Like this next monday, I dont have to work, SENORITY! Four day weekend for me because I've been here so long. And before you know it, it will get even better!

E Roldan

Out in the the NEOMA Hub we’re getting 4 if we have trucks coming in late. Really sucks makes you start to think about going to the “Dark Side of the Force”(management).........