The friend* Clutch

J92

So I need to pass my driver's test for my DOT and I'm good with driving automatic package cars (since I do it on Saturday's alot) but unfortunately I'm not so good driving manual. I managed to get it in the first gear but I've been having a hard time shifting the gears. Any tips on manual? I've been practicing at the hub.

KOG72

I’m full of it
So I need to pass my driver's test for my DOT and I'm good with driving automatic package cars (since I do it on Saturday's alot) but unfortunately I'm not so good driving manual. I managed to get it in the first gear but I've been having a hard time shifting the gears. Any tips on manual? I've been practicing at the hub.
Just relax don't get nervous and drive that bitch like you own it

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
get a uhaul

DRporch

dont force the gears. shift take :censored2:ing ages to actually complete. you can use your pinkie to shift gears. hardest part is getting it to roll. once its rolling push clutch and put into gear. (every manual at my hub takes 3-5seconds to get into gear).

Are you talking about a road test? If so, why do you need one if your are already driving Saturday?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Start that sumbitch in second and fly like a bastard...most people that have problems driving manual can't get it going at all...if you can get started it should be easy to get it into other gears...don't force it..roll gears roll

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lol, I used to say that we hit that pin at 30mph. Now that Im used to it, I can couple normally (most times...)
Only automatic tractors I get are rentals when my tractor is out of service.
Automatic is nice in morning traffic, but trying to inch a rail container into a sliver of a spot.... the thing just seems to buck even more when you try to be easy on it. Guess you got to get a feel for them. Haven't driven enough of them to get it down yet.