Psifos

For nine years I've been on the preload and in that time I've learned that circling the label then writing the hin on the side creates more problems than it solves. Naturally I stopped using them for the last five years with no problems and much fewer misloads. Today my job was threatened by the center manager for no other reason than not using them. I just want to know why this is such a big deal and why they are pushing it so hard, every driver I've loaded for prefers a solid load over a hastily scrawled mess that is poorly loaded. Can we change this method or am I just pissing in the wind? If we can, then how? I mean fired over a crayon, I've dealt with harassment before but this is a new level of stupid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For nine years I've been on the preload and in that time I've learned that circling the label then writing the hin on the side creates more problems than it solves. Naturally I stopped using them for the last five years with no problems and much fewer misloads. Today my job was threatened by the center manager for no other reason than not using them. I just want to know why this is such a big deal and why they are pushing it so hard, every driver I've loaded for prefers a solid load over a hastily scrawled mess that is poorly loaded. Can we change this method or am I just pissing in the wind? If we can, then how? I mean fired over a crayon, I've dealt with harassment before but this is a new level of stupid.
WORK AS DIRECTED!!!!!

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
It's just a power trip. Probably :censored2: off about United way numbers.

I signed a big fat zero on mine and handed it to my manager and he seemed irritated. I'm still in my 30 so I feel like I should have just to stay on his good side but from what I've read that charity is a scam.

"... And we do ask that you give"

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
As a new driver coming from preload I actually have my own markers to write on every package in the morning before I leave so I can find the package easier. The hin numbers really help me.

Shiftless

How hard is it to Work As Directed? Sure some things seem stoooopid! Just work as directed (WAD) and collect all the money so you can enjoy what ever you enjoy doing due to being employed. Most importante is to Relax, let management stress over what its important to them, just enjoy the ride!

over9five

Staff member
I'd do it. Take your time, write large and LEGIBLY.
When you're not wrapped on time, make sure you mention that you are following the center managers directions.

Psifos

As a new driver coming from preload I actually have my own markers to write on every package in the morning before I leave so I can find the package easier. The hin numbers really help me.
I can see how it helps the driver, but when you get used to the lay out of the truck, locating a properly loaded package is quicker and eliminates the added room for error on part of the loader. When I use the crayon I tend to still walk onto the wrong truck, when i don't I'm forced to look to the previously loaded packages and confirm the location of the one I'm loading. This way i have more time to make sure every package is accessible when they need it. I also try to talk to my drivers to see if there are specific stops that need to move to a different part of the truck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can see how it helps the driver, but when you get used to the lay out of the truck, locating a properly loaded package is quicker and eliminates the added room for error on part of the loader. When I use the crayon I tend to still walk onto the wrong truck, when i don't I'm forced to look to the previously loaded packages and confirm the location of the one I'm loading. This way i have more time to make sure every package is accessible when they need it. I also try to talk to my drivers to see if there are specific stops that need to move to a different part of the truck.
Work as directed.

Psifos

I'm not doing this to be a :censored2:lord, I'm trying to streamline this process. I don't wanna drive, I don't want to be a supervisor, I like my job and want the preload to have more support and respect. Its not just a stepping stone its the foundation and our foundation is sinking. Anywhere you work here you know how backward this company has become and its not immune to failure. Dont know about yall but i want to retire.