The forced use of crayons for preload

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Psifos, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Psifos

Psifos New Member

For nine years I've been on the preload and in that time I've learned that circling the label then writing the hin on the side creates more problems than it solves. Naturally I stopped using them for the last five years with no problems and much fewer misloads. Today my job was threatened by the center manager for no other reason than not using them. I just want to know why this is such a big deal and why they are pushing it so hard, every driver I've loaded for prefers a solid load over a hastily scrawled mess that is poorly loaded. Can we change this method or am I just pissing in the wind? If we can, then how? I mean fired over a crayon, I've dealt with harassment before but this is a new level of stupid.

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

WORK AS DIRECTED!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

+1

4. Gumby

Gumby *

5. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

It's just a power trip. Probably :censored2: off about United way numbers.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. D. Randall Blythe

D. Randall Blythe The myth of a meaning so lost and forgotten...

I signed a big fat zero on mine and handed it to my manager and he seemed irritated. I'm still in my 30 so I feel like I should have just to stay on his good side but from what I've read that charity is a scam.

"... And we do ask that you give"

7. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

They "forced" me to write on them for a little bit. I took of the whole side of the box with the HIN number.

8. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I dont give money to crooks or jackasses.

9. D. Randall Blythe

D. Randall Blythe The myth of a meaning so lost and forgotten...

As a new driver coming from preload I actually have my own markers to write on every package in the morning before I leave so I can find the package easier. The hin numbers really help me.

10. Shiftless

Shiftless Active Member

How hard is it to Work As Directed? Sure some things seem stoooopid! Just work as directed (WAD) and collect all the money so you can enjoy what ever you enjoy doing due to being employed. Most importante is to Relax, let management stress over what its important to them, just enjoy the ride!

11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Preload sucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Preload sucks.

13. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I'd do it. Take your time, write large and LEGIBLY.
    When you're not wrapped on time, make sure you mention that you are following the center managers directions.

14. Psifos

Psifos New Member

I can see how it helps the driver, but when you get used to the lay out of the truck, locating a properly loaded package is quicker and eliminates the added room for error on part of the loader. When I use the crayon I tend to still walk onto the wrong truck, when i don't I'm forced to look to the previously loaded packages and confirm the location of the one I'm loading. This way i have more time to make sure every package is accessible when they need it. I also try to talk to my drivers to see if there are specific stops that need to move to a different part of the truck.

15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Work as directed.

16. Psifos

Psifos New Member

I'm not doing this to be a :censored2:lord, I'm trying to streamline this process. I don't wanna drive, I don't want to be a supervisor, I like my job and want the preload to have more support and respect. Its not just a stepping stone its the foundation and our foundation is sinking. Anywhere you work here you know how backward this company has become and its not immune to failure. Dont know about yall but i want to retire.

17. Psifos

Psifos New Member

I work in a manner that best represents me an the company

18. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

You aren't paid to think, you are paid to do

19. Matty_lawn

Matty_lawn Poopin' on the clock

Make adjustments based on changing conditions

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Draw pictures in the bottom of totes for the drivers coming in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List