The Golden Arches are falling.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• McDonald's has temporarily shut down U.S. offices as they prepare for layoffs
  • According to a memo obtained by The Wall Street Journal, the company said layoffs will begin during the week of April 3.
According to a new report from The Wall Street Journal, the layoffs will begin Monday after they told employees to work from home so they can fire their staff virtually.
While the message was mostly to U.S. employees, some international corporate workers were also included.
In the memo, company executives also advised that upcoming in-person meetings with vendors and other outside parties at headquarters be canceled.
Workers who don't have access to a computer were told to give their personal contact information to their manager.

bacha29

• McDonald's has temporarily shut down U.S. offices as they prepare for layoffs
  • According to a memo obtained by The Wall Street Journal, the company said layoffs will begin during the week of April 3.
According to a new report from The Wall Street Journal, the layoffs will begin Monday after they told employees to work from home so they can fire their staff virtually.
While the message was mostly to U.S. employees, some international corporate workers were also included.
In the memo, company executives also advised that upcoming in-person meetings with vendors and other outside parties at headquarters be canceled.
Workers who don't have access to a computer were told to give their personal contact information to their manager.
The McDonald's menu while still pretty good has become rather dated and increasingly expensive. Like one woman said to me the other day"....Restaurant meals have become so costly that you can feed yourself at home for the week for the cost of one restaurant meal".

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The McDonald's menu while still pretty good has become rather dated and increasingly expensive. Like one woman said to me the other day"....Restaurant meals have become so costly that you can feed yourself at home for the week for the cost of one restaurant meal".
This is what happens when you pay someone over $18 an hour to flip burgers and then forget to put the fries in your bag or forget your kids chicken nuggets. Incompetent, overpaid labor cost is passed on to the consumer. The CEO continues to rake massive amounts of money and stocks annually. Then lay off the mid level, furthering the disaster. All recipes for inflation and recession. It‘s over $40 to feed a family of four one :censored2:ty meal from these places, they will all fail soon.

PT Car Washer

This is what happens when you pay someone over $18 an hour to flip burgers and then forget to put the fries in your bag or forget your kids chicken nuggets. Incompetent, overpaid labor cost is passed on to the consumer. The CEO continues to rake massive amounts of money and stocks annually. Then lay off the mid level, furthering the disaster. All recipes for inflation and recession. It‘s over $40 to feed a family of four one :censored2:ty meal from these places, they will all fail soon.
And you think you deserve $50/hr to carry an Amazon box to some ones front door?

Thebrownblob

That's MAGA mentality for you. "I'm worth what I get because my union can get it for me but the kid who's waiting on me hand and foot isn't worth what he's getting".
Good grief, being in the union is now Maga mentality? You truly are ruined by this man. He has broken you in every way possible I feel sorry.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are you a MAGA man now? Lol.

vantexan

That's MAGA mentality for you. "I'm worth what I get because my union can get it for me but the kid who's waiting on me hand and foot isn't worth what he's getting".
LOL you're over on the FedEx forum screaming about how "Fat Freddy" is screwing FedEx employees by keeping the unions out and are over here trying to associate union members with Trump. Opportunistic much? Here's an idea, why not have McDonald's employees unionize? Negotiate for better pay and benefits? Just remember if they push for too much McDonald's will either price themselves out of the market or fold up. But you'll demand they keep pushing come Hell or high water.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are you a MAGA man now? Lol.
Never.
And you think you deserve $50/hr to carry an Amazon box to some ones front door?
If I can get fired for not doing it properly and it pays $20 to flip burgers then yes. And don’t be an ass, we don’t just carry Amazon boxes.
The kid, lol. The high school drop out who smokes legalized weed all day with no ambition whatsoever?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Thanks Biden!

Thebrownblob

The mistake you made is believing that it has anything to do with what you’re worth. It’s about what you can get. are NFL players worth multi millions of dollars? They make a lot of money for the people they work people are are free to form a union gonna take some work but nothing good comes free. And wait a minute last I checked I don’t make $50 an hour.

Last edited:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Never.

If I can get fired for not doing it properly and it pays $20 to flip burgers then yes. And don’t be an ass, we don’t just carry Amazon boxes.

The kid, lol. The high school drop out who smokes legalized weed all day with no ambition whatsoever?
If you were someone else, the mods would consider this a personal attack and you'd be banned for 14 days.

Thebrownblob

Difference is, we have a large part part work force to exploit. It pays for our $50 a hour wage.
I don’t think the disparity is quite as great as you think. Sure, their wages are lower and that’s real and needs to be fixed but the benefits they receive they could not even buy on their own.

How would a parttime individual fare with $1 million worth of health benefits paid for them without this “worthles part time job.

And I’ve always looked at the part time job the way I handled it. At first it got me through college Then It was just a steppingstone to go full-time. Different people want different things so obviously not everyone wants to go full-time and that’s their choice.

bacha29

Good grief, being in the union is now Maga mentality? You truly are ruined by this man. He has broken you in every way possible I feel sorry.
MAGA Man : "You see that box sitting there? I want $40+ an hour just to pick it up here, haul it over there and put it down someplace else But I expect that kid over here to cook and serve me my supper for pennies".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
MAGA Man : "You see that box sitting there? I want $40+ an hour just to pick it up here, haul it over there and put it down someplace else But I expect that kid over here to cook and serve me my supper for pennies".
Fast Food joints have always been considered as entry level jobs.
This is where one learns how to exist with in a corporate structure and build up their experiences.
But with some many joints closing nation wide, many will not be getting their chance.