The Golden Handcuffs

Seymour Packages

Glad the worst of Peak 2019 is behind us. The absolute mismanagement of resources and piss poor customer service are returning to pre peak levels. No more sups flat out lying to seasonals and getting their hopes up of a permanent job. No more rentals clogging up the yard. Even starting to punch out at a decent hour again and see my family for more than 12 minutes a night. Yes, the pandemonium is starting to subside. Excited for another 9 months of relative calm. Some drivers complain. Understandable. But we all realize that we are paid very well for what we do and keep coming back. The ones that can't hack it go elsewhere.

Family's taken care of. Solid bennies. Pension (for now). What more could you want? I will keep showing up to work, run my trip, and happily accept UPS' gratitude via direct deposit every week. Stay safe, brothers!

Glad the worst of Peak 2019 is behind us. The absolute mismanagement of resources and piss poor customer service are returning to pre peak levels. No more sups flat out lying to seasonals and getting their hopes up of a permanent job. No more rentals clogging up the yard. Even starting to punch out at a decent hour again and see my family for more than 12 minutes a night. Yes, the pandemonium is starting to subside. Excited for another 9 months of relative calm. Some drivers complain. Understandable. But we all realize that we are paid very well for what we do and keep coming back. The ones that can't hack it go elsewhere.

Family's taken care of. Solid bennies. Pension (for now). What more could you want? I will keep showing up to work, run my trip, and happily accept UPS' gratitude via direct deposit every week. Stay safe, brothers!
How long have you worked here?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Who cares how miserable your peak was.

Seymour Packages

You are wrong , this is the worst 9 months out of the year ..are you a rookie?
I've been on the job 6 years. And yes, I will take better weather over the summer, getting off before 9pm or later every night, and less foolishness related to peak throughout the year. Can't speak for every driver or center, though. Just me.

brownelf

Actually wouldn't think of him as a rookie anymore, he gets it. This job can get in your head and destroy you before it can physically. Find your pace where you can work as safe and efficiently as possible and roll with it. Let all the reports and threats go in one ear and out the other, keep it by the book and enjoy the ride. Whatever :censored2: life throws your way.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Actually wouldn't think of him as a rookie anymore, he gets it.
his stress comes from being rushed to be home with his family , that is non work related..if he is stressed cause he has to run home before dark that doesn’t make “ UPS “ stressful

Seymour Packages

his stress comes from being rushed to be home with his family , that is non work related..if he is stressed cause he has to run home before dark that doesn’t make “ UPS “ stressful

It's not stress so much as it's a well-compensated inconvenience for 2.5 months out of the year. For the majority of the year I am home to enjoy my family (imagine that), work in decent weather, and have my normal stop count. Best career move for me yet. Pros outweigh the cons.

brownelf

And with this post I wish everyone a Happy and prosperous New Year. Gotta go back to my new life provided by 40 years of UPS. It's a whole lot better place, that I hope everyone at brown cafe will find one day. Except the guy from the NY who worked in the BOG and things we're overpaid. Lol
Peace my brothers and sisters.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It's not stress so much as it's a well-compensated inconvenience for 2.5 months out of the year. For the majority of the year I am home to enjoy my family (imagine that), work in decent weather, and have my normal stop count. Best career move for me yet. Pros outweigh the cons.
why was your peak so bad? , are you runner?

Heavy Package

I've been on the job 6 years. And yes, I will take better weather over the summer, getting off before 9pm or later every night, and less foolishness related to peak throughout the year. Can't speak for every driver or center, though. Just me.

Good God, you post like Aristotle on a dissertation thesis. Just drop the cardboard off and leave already!