the good things about brown

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
face it,, some day we are all gonna be like Pretzel and be brown 100 percent, Anyway lets hear some good,,,,..in my entire adult life i have never worried or givin a second thought about insurance,,, paying med bills or healthcare,, thats big.......there are still alot of good things goin on at ups

Catatonic

Nine Lives
face it,, some day we are all gonna be like Pretzel and be brown 100 percent, Anyway lets hear some good,,,,..in my entire adult life i have never worried or givin a second thought about insurance,,, paying med bills or healthcare,, thats big.......there are still alot of good things goin on at ups

I can sincerely recommend UPS as a good corporation at which to work.

SWORDFISH

Are you sure retirement will be available when you get there?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Free advice on every conceivable subject (oh sorry...I forgot.......BC is not affiliated with UPS).
Although no one trusts anyone else and there is always some conspiracy theory being floated about; at least we don't have to worry about getting paid.
I have worked for companies that couldn't make payroll.

The absolute #1 reason for me is that UPS is one of the most highly regarded companies in the world. I want to be associated with high calibre companies.

Read the Yahoo Message Boards for other companies and you'll see that UPS is a big target as well as Coke, FDX, Intel, etc.

INTEL!!!!! How the flock could anyone be unhappy there????? Some are; some are just pessimists (sp)?

I hate it, but I hate everything that doesn't provide wild entertainment and huge paybacks for little or no effort on my part.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The absolute #1 reason for me is that UPS is one of the most highly regarded companies in the world.

Ditto that.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
UPS is a GREAT job, some days as we all know SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!. But this job still rocks, think about how many times you have been aproached by some one asking about UPS, or just talking to you about how great our company is. The funny thing is that usually that person has never worked for UPS. One thing we can be thank full about is always having a good story for our spouce......"so I was making this delivery and then"....Im gonna write a book some day about my exploits.

satellitedriver

I do this jobs for the "chick magnet" effect, forget the money.
These three events happened to me just yesterday.
Where else can you work at and have;
A three year old girl call you by name and give you a hug, in front of her parents.
A sixteen year old girl call out your name in the hallway of a High School and give you a hug, in front of the Principal's office.
A 80 year old woman tell you that you are the prettiest thing she has seen all day.
I wish I could claim these events came about by my dashing good looks and charming personality, but that is not the case.
The concept and perception of being a UPS man vs a mail carrier, or the Fedex person dawned on me just last week.
I took an option day last Tuesday and my wife and I drove around shopping and just getting away.
350 miles of just goofing off the day together.
Three times I heard some one say behind us when we were walking around;
"That's my UPS man."
" He is our UPS man".
The words " our" and " my" struck me.
-(those are possessive terms)-
In general, I only hear people say Fedex came by, or the mailman delivered this to me.
It maybe only a nuance, but it is a positive.

ups1990

I do this jobs for the "chick magnet" effect, forget the money.
Satellite, what about when you enter an office with new female employees or interns and they see you for the first time and give you a look like you're so cool. This is when you tell them, I'm married with children and don't mess it up.
:wink2: