The gravy train is about over

raceanoncr

Rod, in my case, I didn't apply for Medicare, THEY APPLIED ME! They sent me junk that said I can respond or not respond. If I didn't respond, they'd sign me up anyway. Either way, no choice for me. It was just there.

Basic is only for hospital. You need more? Supplements: B,C,D. I just chose B for now cuz I ain't on any meds and never have been. Oh, I know, the day will come.

You WILL get bombarded with offers from supplemental carriers. Trust me, you won't have to do the research. They will contact you and all you hafta is decipher what is BS and what is not, what you want and what you don't want.

The plan B supplement is around $100 a mo. You want more, of course the cost goes up. Around $100 more for each plan. You can add or subtract what you want but you WILL be forced into Plan A. That's all I know for now cuz that's all my experience with it. It's only been 5 mos for me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rod, in my case, I didn't apply for Medicare, THEY APPLIED ME! They sent me junk that said I can respond or not respond. If I didn't respond, they'd sign me up anyway. Either way, no choice for me. It was just there.

Basic is only for hospital. You need more? Supplements: B,C,D. I just chose B for now cuz I ain't on any meds and never have been. Oh, I know, the day will come.

You WILL get bombarded with offers from supplemental carriers. Trust me, you won't have to do the research. They will contact you and all you hafta is decipher what is BS and what is not, what you want and what you don't want.

The plan B supplement is around $100 a mo. You want more, of course the cost goes up. Around $100 more for each plan. You can add or subtract what you want but you WILL be forced into Plan A. That's all I know for now cuz that's all my experience with it. It's only been 5 mos for me.

I chose "friend". With catscans every 6 months, I needed a "cadillac plan". I can keep "friend", but if I leave it, it may not be offered in the future, so I am parked there for now....costs at $164 up 9$ since May. Your basic Medicare will be going up soon too! Obama has lied about the costs going down!!

As long as you now you are lucky to not have anything seriously wrong with you. If you (God forbid) got diagnosed with colon cancer in 3 weeks, you are responsible for a lot of the expensive treatment
out of your own pocket. The basic pan doesn't cover a lot. You cannot change 'til the first of the year!! It's a crap shoot!!
I'm happy with the $164 a month because I was paying around $900 for health care from Health Net. So it seems like I got a big raise!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
New Era Life had great coverage and customer service for my mom, worth a look. It would be wise to check around for the best deal.