The ironic & the extreme.

22.34life

i was reading on tdu website that the number one contract point was over 9.5 issues for drivers.i thought it was pretty ironic that this was the first priority when i have always seen that almost every driver in the center i clerk for in the evenings sign up for friday after thanksgiving.any time there is extra work availble on saturdays friend/t drivers sign up for that two.ups is really a company of extremes,p/t complain they dont get enough hours and drivers complain they get two many hours.22.3 get no o/t and drivers want o/t taken away,there is no middle ground.is the 9.5 issue really the biggest issue for drivers because from what i see drivers seem to want all the work they can get.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The ironic & the extreme.

It's not so much the hours as it is the time I get off. A ten hour day is now 8pm. Every centers have drivers that take all they can get and drivers that could care less if they get the 8 hours. The majority sit in the middle though. We don't mind 9-9.5 hour days but u start pushing 11-12 days on us when it isn't peak and we have a problem with that.

OptimusPrime

Not here most run and hide from having to work those extra days. It is then forced from the bottom up.

I couldn't get Friday if I wanted it. The signup sheet was basically full, and almost everyone in the center is above me. Though we seem to have a plethora of guys with families.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Working 9.5 hours wasn't a big deal when we started at 8:10 or 8:20. This 9:15 crap is the problem. In my opinion, staring so late is the biggest problem we have. It effects everything we do.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

In my bldg we have to have our air pickups back by 8:45 to make a 9:00 shuttle to the airport. A 9.5 day for me (with an 8:30 start) is 7:00. How can entire centers have such late start times and still have their pieces make the plane on time?

Re-Raise

Delivering a hand full of air packages the day after Thanksgiving or on Saturday isn't even the same job as delivering a 10 hour load during the week.

Fighting a bricked out p1000 from 8 a.m. in the morning until 7 p.m. while trying to make your air commits and pickup windows is real work. Driving around with 15 air packages is gravy.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
This is true but my personal time is worth more than a easy day at work. In my younger years I took the work a few times but can't buy back the time I missed with family and friends.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My number one priority was the pension. I can deal with the OT for couple more years as long as there's a pile of gold at the end of the rainbow.