the latest rumor!!!

JustTired

free at last.......
well, you forgot 3 drink lunches and daily golf. that is the hardest to schedule. we work long, thankless hours in parking lots all around the city.

We are the ones putting packages on the truck and keeping fedex from taking our volume. go ahead and negotiate a $4 million deal and win volume from fedex if you think you can.

there is a reason we are the only managers still in suits. we talk to the c-level executives at our customers. we ONLY get our full salary if our accounts are performing to plan. lots of us havent gotten full compensation in 2 years because of the economy. we are completly numbers driven, jsut like the drivers.

we are the ones blamed when a customer does divert, even if the real reason is constant service failure(s). it's easy to blame BD.

I agree.

As for your comment...."we are completly numbers driven, jsut like the drivers.".......I hope you meant that you are given unrealistic goals, just as the drivers are.

As in many businesses these days, the push is for new customers. And it seems to be at the expense of the existing ones. Existing customer concerns are relegated to the back burner. I've had pickup accounts in the past tell me they haven't seen a customer service rep in several years. And that they used to see someone at least twice a year. They are calling the 800 number and when that inevitably fails, their only contact is with the driver who can try to solve the problem or pass it along to the center team. The latter which almost always gets lost in the shuffle or just plain ignored.

I've always said that unless you are in BD or a driver....you cost the company money as opposed to making it money. An over-simplified statement...but basically true.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The Supe in the bushes with a binoculars or hiding in the bathroom spying on a driver could be the one addressing customer concerns. Talk about a waste of resources.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Supe with a binoculars hiding in the bathroom spying on a driver could be the one addressing customer concerns. Talk about a waste of resources.
So let me get this right ... there was a supe in the bathroom spying on you with binoculars.
Doesn't say much for you does it? :wink2:

constructively dissatisfi

At Corporate, there are many 20's and higher. All over the freakin' place. :wink2:

At Corporate there's a breeding colony of 'em. To reproduce, a larvae attaches its lips to the tail end of a grade 22. It has to fight off all the other larvae that are jockeying for that prime spot right in the center of the 22's posterior. The larvae gets its nourishment from what the 22 feeds it through this particular orifice. Many 22s are capable of providing huge amounts of nourishment this way. The larvae with the strongest lips that can hang on the longest, gobbling up the most nourishment, pupates into a 20. The gestation period has varied over the years and lately is quite long. 22s measure their virility by the number of their larvae that pupate.

P

pickup

At Corporate there's a breeding colony of 'em. To reproduce, a larvae attaches its lips to the tail end of a grade 22. It has to fight off all the other larvae that are jockeying for that prime spot right in the center of the 22's posterior. The larvae gets its nourishment from what the 22 feeds it through this particular orifice. Many 22s are capable of providing huge amounts of nourishment this way. The larvae with the strongest lips that can hang on the longest, gobbling up the most nourishment, pupates into a 20. The gestation period has varied over the years and lately is quite long. 22s measure their virility by the number of their larvae that pupate.

Now, that's funny.

shrimpfire

shrimpfire
Its probably true: ups wants to cut everybodys hours and give their own people raises. They promise these customers all kinds of promises and cannot del on 3/4s of them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
After the first of the year, congress will vote against the FedEx thingie ...........

The playing field will be leveled. I'm told it's a "done deal" !!

randomUPSISer

In the district, there is only one person that is level 20 or higher and that is the District manager which is a 22.
In the Region, the dept heads are 20 and Region manager is a 23-24.
At Corporate, there are many 20's and higher. All over the freakin' place. :wink2:

I'm curious, how does that map to I.S. management levels? Any idea?

After the first of the year, congress will vote against the FedEx thingie ...........

The playing field will be leveled. I'm told it's a "done deal" !!

Dont be so sure. Even if it is its not a guarantee or anything. Its not like FedEx will have any issues from it initially.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

Is it too late to take the Nobel prize away from Obama and give this to Frog?

D

Dis-organized Labor

Grade 20's only get a 200% bonus and it was for 3 years. This was voted on several years ago and locked in for at least 3 years. Go to SEC filings on Yahoo Finance, it is all good news for 20's and CERTAIN DIV MGRs, those certain people include all airline div mgrs and probably most well to do pkg div mgrs.

Son; you are so wrong; why do you continue to spew trash???