The new deal on taxes

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What does everyone think about it?

I don't know that it has much of a chance of passing but looks pretty decent to me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Still missing all the details.
Like everything that comes out of this executive, it's bullet points and slogans.
Estimates going off the few details we have show 1-2 trillion added to the deficit.
Sounds about right for the republican party, repeat of reagan and bush tax cuts.

Brownslave688

Like everything that comes out of this executive, it's bullet points and slogans.
Estimates going off the few details we have show 1-2 trillion added to the deficit.
Sounds about right for the republican party, repeat of reagan and bush tax cuts.
Dropping the corporate tax rate would likely bring billions back from overseas.

Bullet points is all we ever get. Just look at Obamacare. Gotta pass it to see what's in it. Lmao

Brownslave688

This tax cut isn’t for the middle class, which only pays 2.5% now

Nearly half of Americans owe no federal income tax at all, but they do pay taxes: payroll taxes to fund Social Security and Medicare, tariffs, excise taxes, corporate taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, state and local income taxes, and so on. If they have a problem with taxes, it’s not with the federal income tax.
Really instead of a tax deal like this I would like to see something that cuts taxes across the board but also cuts all of the loopholes out.

Why raise the standard deduction? Why not just eliminate almost all deductions but also greatly reduce the taxes? Maybe because the government likes their intrest free loans?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Better than, "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

Really instead of a tax deal like this I would like to see something that cuts taxes across the board but also cuts all of the loopholes out.

Why raise the standard deduction? Why not just eliminate almost all deductions but also greatly reduce the taxes? Maybe because the government likes their intrest free loans?
They probably raised the stand deduction to keep the lights wage earners from paying taxes.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dropping the corporate tax rate would likely bring billions back from overseas.

Bullet points is all we ever get. Just look at Obamacare. Gotta pass it to see what's in it. Lmao
Better than, "We have to pass it to see what's in it."
Well Obamacare legislation began in the House in July 2009 and wasn't signed into law until March 2010, so I won't get into that debate, other than to say I HOPE it doesn't take that long to get a CHANGE to our tax system.

I think it's definitely possible tax reform on businesses could bring back some overseas tax revenue, but my understanding is the 1-2 trillion Trump's tax plan will add to the deficit includes estimates of the repatriation revenue.

Where the debate comes into play is the delusional assumptions about GDP growth this administration is claiming. You'll be hard pressed to find an economist that is as optimistic as Trump.

Last edited:

Sportello

I'm sure tRUmp will benefit greatly from the proposed tax plan, but I have been unable to find any specifics of the plan.

Since it will be introduced by Republicans, I give it zero chance of passing. If they have proven one thing, it's that they can't govern.

Brownslave688

Well Obamacare legislation began in the House in July 2009 and wasn't signed into law until March 2010, so I won't get into that debate, other than to say I HOPE it doesn't take that long to get a CHANGE to our tax system.
They said last night we'd be lucky to see any changes before this time next year.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Did someone say Bullet?
USA Coors brewing was a joint venture called MillerCoors with SABCoors, until it was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev which is technically a Belgian company.....SMH.

Long story short, buy yourself some quality locally brewed beer, these A*holes friend'ed over a lot of middle class workers on their long journey to globalization.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
USA Coors brewing was a joint venture called MillerCoors with SABCoors, until it was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev which is technically a Belgian company.....SMH.

Long story short, buy yourself some quality locally brewed beer, these A*holes friend'ed over a lot of middle class workers on their long journey to globalization.

What’s wrong with the Belgians? :(

Brownslave688

MillerCoors - Wikipedia

Try again. Sabmiller had to sell millercoors in that deal