The New Reality

TUT

If we give UPS a 2 tier pay rate in 2013 we are basically telling them to fire us. If all you UPS has to do to save money is fire the older drivers you can beat dollars to donuts they will. If we agree to it we are asking for it, dont be fooled by lower pay rates for the newer guys, it is your job they will cut and replace with a new hire.
That is fact.

Love you guys with the "just do your job" attitude! So,you're telling me you're doing the 300 something methods EACH and EVERY stop,EACH and EVERY day?!! Thats 100% completely impossible,period. And all they need is to observe one mis-doing to start all the nonsense thats been going on in our building for almost a year now. Good luck DOING YOUR JOBS! I do mine to the best of my ability and work as safe as possible but I sure cant do it all like a frickin robot.Maybe those of you who do (or claim you do anyway) arent human after all!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Interesting, you are assuming I dont do my job. I have been a bonus driver for 23 years, I do my job damn well every day. It hasn't hit me yet but it has others with the same work ethic I have. So yours and other comments of"Do your job" smack of some sort of elitism. I will qualify that IN OUR DISTRICT there has been this kind of abuse. My thread was not to degrade others as your comment was, mine was an observation of local events. Sorry only for not being more clear.

Elite - nope, not here.

Do you have any idea the costs associated with hiring new employees?
Do you know how hard it is to find someone and develop them as a seasoned employee?

The new reality is the crop of employees coming up in the work force are lacking a work ethic.

I will use this example and remember it is just and example:

I go into McD's and I order a double hamburger and fries.
I have learned that I would rather give my order to a senior citizen that "gives a damn," than having a kid go "out of their way" to provide service.
or
Go shopping anywhere. I seem to always catch a clerk or stock person - texting in a corner.

Do your job. Stay off the radar.
Just because there appears to be abuse - do you have all sides of the story?
Not everything is what it appears to be....