The news media is bought!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
No matter who you are rooting for in the presidential race, you have to admit, the mainstream news media is completely in the pocket of special interests.

There's a major brainwashing attempt going on to persuade the voters to "stay the course" and not rock the boat.

There's literally nothing on TV that isn't colorized by the sponsors. I'm all for free market and advertising, but not when they control the content and pretend that it's unbiased.

Some are worse than others, but it's seriously becoming hard to separate them on a fair and unbiased basis.

I'm not really even trying to tell you who to vote for here, just to inform of what I've noticed.

I'm still watching the news, but I am laughing out loud at it more and more.

The Young Turks have a live YouTube show every weeknight you should check out and see what you think.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpeg

Holydriver

No matter who you are rooting for in the presidential race, you have to admit, the mainstream news media is completely in the pocket of special interests.

There's a major brainwashing attempt going on to persuade the voters to "stay the course" and not rock the boat.

There's literally nothing on TV that isn't colorized by the sponsors. I'm all for free market and advertising, but not when they control the content and pretend that it's unbiased.

Some are worse than others, but it's seriously becoming hard to separate them on a fair and unbiased basis.

I'm not really even trying to tell you who to vote for here, just to inform of what I've noticed.

The Young Turks have a live YouTube show every weeknight you should check out and see what you think.

The young Turks are one of the most biased out there

MC4YOU2

I also don't understand your objections. how the media influences elections is an important part of the process.

I agree with you that the media has influence and it should educate the public. But if they are bought by one or two special interests then it's that influence we are hearing.

MC4YOU2

The young Turks are one of the most biased out there

They are biased to the liberal side and say so out front. Still they talk about conservative issues from that point of view. That's better than in my opinion than pretending to be fair and balanced yet only talking about one candidate for 75% of the time, letting the corporations set the balance.
If one of their hosts voices a disparaging opinion, they just fire them and buy another one.

I agree with you that the media has influence and it should educate the public. But if they are bought by one or two special interests then it's that influence we are hearing.
Somebody needs to address the colleges. They shove the liberal crap down these kids brains. I couldn't believe how hard they push it on them. They are there to get an education not brain washed.

rickyb

thanks to bill clintons deregulation of the FCC 5 media corporations control 90% of ALL news!

MC4YOU2

Yes, and it really shows. That's why all the channels seem like they have the same narrative with different talking heads.

MC4YOU2

That's just it Mak, the pundits aren't free to say what they think at all. They can only say what they're paid to say. Not free speech at all. More like paid speech.

Holydriver

They are biased to the liberal side and say so out front. Still they talk about conservative issues from that point of view. That's better than in my opinion than pretending to be fair and balanced yet only talking about one candidate for 75% of the time, letting the corporations set the balance.
If one of their hosts voices a disparaging opinion, they just fire them and buy another one.
So you're OK with the brainwashing attempt if it suits your point of view? All that crap is biased and brainwashing on the left and the right. CNN is just as biased as fox and they claim to be fair as well. There are tons of major left leaning news organizations and one that leans right and who gets the most hell? The right leaning outlet.

Holydriver

Somebody needs to address the colleges. They shove the liberal crap down these kids brains. I couldn't believe how hard they push it on them. They are there to get an education not brain washed.
Not just college, man. My grade schooler is getting it too. I'll have a lot of reverse brain washing to accomplish in the future

MAKAVELI

That's just it Mak, the pundits aren't free to say what they think at all. They can only say what they're paid to say. Not free speech at all. More like paid speech.
$ is what every American worships , why would the media be any different?;)

MC4YOU2

So you're OK with the brainwashing attempt if it suits your point of view? All that crap is biased and brainwashing on the left and the right. CNN is just as biased as fox and they claim to be fair as well. There are tons of major left leaning news organizations and one that leans right and who gets the most hell? The right leaning outlet.

I agree it's biased, I'm saying that exactly. Whether it's my point of view or yours is not so much the point. It's who is behind the format.

MC4YOU2

$ is what every American worships , why would the media be any different?;)

And that's also true, agreed wholeheartedly. It's one thing though to root for your team and everyone see that it's transparent, it's your team dammit. It's another to be a reporter supposedly for all the teams but really to have an agenda that's more about the sponsor instead.