The next few weeks

box_beeyotch

This is my first post peak season as a full time cover, just curious what to expect this coming week and the few weeks to follow? Any advice, tips, or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Things will get slow and you probably won't do much driving till summer or late spring. They'll probably put you back on preload or whatever belt shift you were on prior to peak until then.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Be willing to learn routes. While seniority rules, knowledge will get you hours. The more routes you know or are willing to learn, the more days you will be working.

box_beeyotch

Yeah I'm pretty knowledgeable. I know about 15 routes, 3 whole loops, and I have vast knowledge of different areas from my peak route. I'm more than willing to go out in the blind as I'm still young and dumb enough to enjoy the challenge lol.

9.5er

If you have area knowledge you should be able to work most days. In my center senior drivers take off a day a week. Some will take two a week. I often have to call in to get a day off. Sometimes I think I know too many routes.

Pooter

Unfortunately with the mass hiring you might be laid off 2 days a week.

Always call and never take a day off when asked, even if they try to guilt trip you with lower seniority drivers need work too. It sucks but we all climb the same ladder.

Hopefully u aren't dead last in seniority.

margaritaville

I personally dont care about getting laid off a bunch. Long as its not permanent. I was making bank as an air driver getting max wage for 2 years why ups was understaffed. Now i switched to fulltime and making the lowest wage. So i might as well just sit back and relax til i get a higher pay scale again.

M

Mike hunt

This is my first post peak season as a full time cover, just curious what to expect this coming week and the few weeks to follow? Any advice, tips, or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
A lot of vacations the month of January and heavy volume. Probably run a lot of stuff you know.

box_beeyotch

Unfortunately with the mass hiring you might be laid off 2 days a week.

Always call and never take a day off when asked, even if they try to guilt trip you with lower seniority drivers need work too. It sucks but we all climb the same ladder.

Hopefully u aren't dead last in seniority.

No sir, actually I have about 10 guys below me as I was in the first wave of the mass full time promotions.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
January to April is when I make bank. Ot is available if you ask them for it.
They will try to push the make believe numbers at you a.little more. DOK crap and assessments. Either way it makes you money. They haven't figured this scam out yet. Shhhhhhh!! Don't tell them :-)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's the best time of the year to make bank if you want the hours, just ask. Mention you wanna work and watch all the FT drivers crawl on their knees to attach their fob to your belt.