The Notebook (On Topic)

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
There seemed to be interest, or maybe just unfamiliarity, with what journal entries look like. So, I thought I'd give you all a glimpse into what other kinds of things are in this year's Journal. These are the pages leading up to the first one I posted before.

I've asked to keep this 'On Topic' only in regards to relentless trolling. Due to the exposing nature of the 'diary', I don't want to get emotional and morph into 'Internet Tough-Guy'. It's not a good look for me and I'll be in denial about it for far too long.

Lastly, this is being posted here because it's an account of the self-improvement it took to get hired, literally off the street, into UPS management.

IMAG0571.jpg

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
The ones after these dates get embarrassingly emotional, so that's where I'll stop lol. I didn't put much thought into why I was posting THIS particular thread, but I guess it does have something to do with wanting to be understood. The 'WTF' meme got to me, if I'm being completely honest with myself, haha.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
During 2016, I had gone up north to work with my cousin. Having high-levels of technical and mechanical abilities, I decided to try having a career as an electrician. Ultimately, it wasn't a good fit (outside of the constant injuries, it might have been too hard for just a walk-on) and I was only able to see my son 2-3 times that year. There were other factors, too, but it ultimately led to me leaving without a plan, to be closer to my son.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I'm a lot of things, but I've been called 'different' more than anything else. These days it's 'crazy', but I try not to let that word get to me. People always use that word whenever they simply don't understand someone.

'Weak' is another word getting thrown around, in regards to 'letting UPS get to me'. Yea, about that...in January, I was a little unsure about my decision-making skills... because it was a hard pill to swallow, when I had to choose between sleeping on pee-soaked mats infested with bed-bugs, or coming close to freezing to death without the luxury of a meal. By the end of February, I felt more confident and powerful than I ever have. In a situation where I was constantly SURROUNDED by bitter/angry/selfish drunks and junkies, and where the shelters were fighting against me every step of the way, I managed to stay on the right path and in the right 'headspace'. I felt unstoppable, I would have called the Incredible Hulk a school-boy bitch to his face. and then spit on him. That's why I'm so worked up about what UPS managed to do to me.

Here are some pictures of waking up at the Wheeler Mission and the breakfast meal. In the corner you can see 2016's journal, but I lost it due to the always moving around. I also had to starting donating blood, for income, before I found work.
IMAG0126.jpg
IMAG0133.jpg
IMAG0226.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'll be honest.
I'm not sure what you are looking for.
Sympathy? Atonement? Redemption? Satisfaction? Direction?

It's a very private look in a VERY PUBLIC PLACE.
You've had a journey that most of us aren't prepared to question or make fun of.
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out your place here or what you are trying to get out of this and us.

I hope and pray that God's plan for you comes to fruition.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I'll be honest.
I'm not sure what you are looking for.
Sympathy? Atonement? Redemption? Satisfaction? Direction?

It's a very private look in a VERY PUBLIC PLACE.
You've had a journey that most of us aren't prepared to question or make fun of.
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out your place here or what you are trying to get out of this and us.

I hope and pray that God's plan for you comes to fruition.
I appreciate the honesty.

I knew a lot of you have the same sentiment and don't understand, so that's precisely why I'm posting this. Also, as mentioned a few other times, it's been unexpectedly therapeutic.

I'm aware of the exposure, but thanks for the concern.

I'm typically a very private person, but I felt like the pro's outweighed the con's, here. The only con's I could think of, were that everyone was going to think I was just continuing to whine and am looking for sympathy (called it, lol). However, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I know that sympathy serves no useful purpose, and often hinders ones healing/progress, if they waste time and energy seeking it out. That's not what this is about. Think what you may, but it just simply isn't.

When I first came here, I used the 'anonymous' avatar and tried to hide my identity specifically because I wanted to direct all the attention to the cause. I had no desire to make this about me, and even took steps to try to keep it from becoming that (since I'd obviously have to first attract attention to my 'persona' in order to direct it anywhere else). The embarrassment/personal factor, or judgements made against who I truly am, were barely even on the radar since everyone seemed to get the WAY wrong idea of me, right from the start. As I started posting more, to explain my claims, it became apparent that I couldn't do this without actually bringing the personal aspects into it. Once I started to, by posting the first journal pages, it just seemed to make things worse because of being out of context. The first impression judgements were completely overshadowing and detracting from the cause I was trying to bring awareness to (which is why a lot of you are still asking what the cause even is). The constant trolling obviously didn't help. So, yes, my posts are long, but you guys are partly to blame, here.

So, seeing as how you guys are still confused about 'why I'm here or what I expect to get from this', I'm showing and telling you. Right now. I'm here to raise awareness of what the extremely hostile environments, at UPS, can do to people. Even mentally/physically tough people.

Before you respond with the redundant, "But everyone already knows that and nobody cares", ask yourself why YOU are here. Because I'm willing to bet both my damn kidneys that it all goes back to you wanting to draw awareness to something. Whether it's to yourself, your ideas, your thoughts, your opinions, your hate, your jokes, it's all the same. We are all here for essentially the same reason, so I'm struggling to understand what it is that you guys don't understand about THAT. If that still confuses you, I'm here because I want to be and that's really all the further I should even have to explain that.

DRporch

The constant trolling obviously didn't help. So, yes, my posts are long, but you guys are partly to blame, here.

I'm showing and telling you. Right now. I'm here to raise awareness of what the extremely hostile environments, at UPS, can do to people. Even mentally/physically tough people.

i quoted the entire paragraph for you guys. the rest can be summed up in "im a snowflake seeking approval and attention to survive"

continue the pussification of america!!!

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
i quoted the entire paragraph for you guys. the rest can be summed up in "im a snowflake seeking approval and attention to survive"

continue the pussification of america!!!
I'm gonna step out on a limb and say that you're a Trump supporter, if that's what you got from that 'paragraph'. Care to explain why you felt the need to post that? I don't want to believe that it was merely to spread hate or seek approval and attention from other members.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
These are a couple pics from that first shelter. It's literally a labor camp that extorts the homeless. Yes, those are the same type of windows you'd find in jails and the pictures suck because they'd confiscate your phone if they saw you using it. You had to have seniority to get into the barracks with bunk-beds, so many of us had to sleep on the pews or the floor. One good thing about it was the food, which was really quite ridiculous. Every meal was like this, and that's if you didn't go back up when they rang the 'seconds' bell. To be able to eat, though, you had to meet all their requirements and had gotten your 'meal ticket'.
goodnews1.jpg
goodnews2.jpg
goodnews3.jpg