THE official “What can management screw up today?” Thread

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Wow they might be out a little later one day. What a tragedy.
Big whoop.
Don't really give a :censored2: about the drivers anyway, half of them are dicks just like management.

All I know is PT sup says he "takes heat" when there are like 5 misloads. Can't wait to see what happens when I gradually start ramping them up to the double digits and then hit him with 100 or so on my last day.
Give me other ideas to :censored2: the center over on my way out and I might change my mind.

You're no union brother of mine. I hope they fire you quickly.

PTPeanuts

Give me a break with the union fake brotherhood crap. Look at your own signature.
My only regret will be wishing that it was your truck that I loaded.

542thruNthru

Finally serving my 5 day suspension.
2 weeks ago I asked sup to let me know when it was going to happen so I could plan on not having any money in advance. He said ok.
Today I show up to work at 3:30 AM and he stops me at the door and says my suspension starts today.

Can't wait until I quit this place. My last day is going to go down in this center's history as "The Misload Day."

*dabs on all the haters*

Looks like your sup showed you what's up!
*dabs on your 5 days off*

Lol

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Preload was a :censored2: show again today.
Trucks blown the :censored2: out.
One hour into the shift I told the sup that :censored2: ain't gonna fit and he just looked at me like he hated me.
Shrugged my shoulders and kept loading.
3 hours later the entire area is stacked out with oversized and bulk, egress a distant memory. Stepping over and on boxes. Tripping every 15 seconds. Everyone pretends it isn't happening. Finally around 8:50 he comes over and tells me to start taking stuff off they are gonna add a few more routes. Yeah no :censored2:. Thanks for doubling my work, dumb az. Now I get to unload while I load. Fun.

If I can come in, take one look at the load sheet, and tell it isn't gonna fit, why can't the glorious dispatch supervisor?

How many mattresses and generators do they think can fit on a UPS truck???

Absolutely delusional.
And every time it's the same reaction - just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening until the stack out is so bad they are forced to accept reality.
I'm so tired of these dream world load charts.
Then when everything falls apart sup starts acting like I'm the bad guy for not being able to work miracles. Bringing another preloader to my area to help and then exclusively talking to him about the situation like he's the clean-up crew while acting like I'm not even there. :censored2: you buddy.

I wish I could say that I dont understand but I do. Hang in there

JustDeliverIt

Wow they might be out a little later one day. What a tragedy.
Big whoop.
Don't really give a :censored2: about the drivers anyway, half of them are dicks just like management.

All I know is PT sup says he "takes heat" when there are like 5 misloads. Can't wait to see what happens when I gradually start ramping them up to the double digits and then hit him with 100 or so on my last day.
Give me other ideas to :censored2: the center over on my way out and I might change my mind.

Here's the thing, misloads really screw over no one but the drivers. You want to "mess" with your supervisor, just work the preload the way you should.
-Write the pal location on every package as you load it.
-Scan every package, no exceptions.
-Anything needs tape, send it to rewrap/damages. I'm sure you don't have a tapegun since they never seem to be around.
-If you load from cages, make sure you have a hook/pull stick. Don't dive into them to get what's in back.
-Don't stack/pull down the cages early in your shift. Work to the best of your ability to load what you can but make sure it all goes in.

If you do the job the way they want you to, not skipping any steps, it is nearly impossible to keep up the pace they want and will therefor cause your supervisor a lot more headaches than one bad day of misloads. And your drivers would rather leave 15 minutes late then meet for misloads all day. Especially if you hand them a perfectly loaded truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
Here's the thing, misloads really screw over no one but the drivers. You want to "mess" with your supervisor, just work the preload the way you should.
-Write the pal location on every package as you load it.
-Scan every package, no exceptions.
-Anything needs tape, send it to rewrap/damages. I'm sure you don't have a tapegun since they never seem to be around.
-If you load from cages, make sure you have a hook/pull stick. Don't dive into them to get what's in back.
-Don't stack/pull down the cages early in your shift. Work to the best of your ability to load what you can but make sure it all goes in.

If you do the job the way they want you to, not skipping any steps, it is nearly impossible to keep up the pace they want and will therefor cause your supervisor a lot more headaches than one bad day of misloads. And your drivers would rather leave 15 minutes late then meet for misloads all day. Especially if you hand them a perfectly loaded truck.
Yes - but this jackwad hates drivers. It sounds like he hates everyone.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes - but this jackwad hates drivers. It sounds like he hates everyone.
giphy (3).gif

derrick

they refused to change the pick up time or tell a shipper to arrange a pickup and they dropped it all in the drop box making me late for a medical pick up. then tried to write me up on it after I been telling them for 3 weeks to change it. I told them suck it and i want a steward.

Dr.Brownz

Screw that.

I use 8hr requests for days I am looking for OT.

You get a three for one.

1. OT
2. Grievence Money for going over 8.5
3. 8 hr request back

It is easy money.

Have you successfully gotten more than 2 penalty payouts in a month? They are afraid of me filing 2+ 8 hours requests per month so I get a 5 hour dispatch on those days.