THE official “What can management screw up today?” Thread

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Preload was a :censored2: show again today.
Trucks blown the :censored2: out.
One hour into the shift I told the sup that :censored2: ain't gonna fit and he just looked at me like he hated me.
Shrugged my shoulders and kept loading.
3 hours later the entire area is stacked out with oversized and bulk, egress a distant memory. Stepping over and on boxes. Tripping every 15 seconds. Everyone pretends it isn't happening. Finally around 8:50 he comes over and tells me to start taking stuff off they are gonna add a few more routes. Yeah no :censored2:. Thanks for doubling my work, dumb az. Now I get to unload while I load. Fun.

If I can come in, take one look at the load sheet, and tell it isn't gonna fit, why can't the glorious dispatch supervisor?

How many mattresses and generators do they think can fit on a UPS truck???

Absolutely delusional.
And every time it's the same reaction - just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening until the stack out is so bad they are forced to accept reality.
I'm so tired of these dream world load charts.
Then when everything falls apart sup starts acting like I'm the bad guy for not being able to work miracles. Bringing another preloader to my area to help and then exclusively talking to him about the situation like he's the clean-up crew while acting like I'm not even there. :censored2: you buddy.
If it is unsafe, take pictures and report them and the situation to osha. And also refuse to work in the area until it is appropriately safe. Too bad we don't have any union to help support safety issuds.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Finally around 8:50 he comes over and tells me to start taking stuff off they are gonna add a few more routes.

This has always boggled my mind. Trucks stacked out for hours and miraculously, about 30 mins. before start time, dispatch decides that would be a good time to "add a few more routes." It takes another 30 mins. just to dig into the mess of packages to find all the add cuts and by the time all is said and done, everyone is leaving 30 mins. late.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
This has always boggled my mind. Trucks stacked out for hours and miraculously, about 30 mins. before start time, dispatch decides that would be a good time to "add a few more routes." It takes another 30 mins. just to dig into the mess of packages to find all the add cuts and by the time all is said and done, everyone is leaving 30 mins. late.
They have to check with David Abney first, then the :poop: rolls down hill to the Stupidvisors which in turn are allowed to implement A little common sense

Heavy Package

e5a737da-8d69-4687-827a-d52d41f1c28b-jpeg.269978

Well today I have an 8 hour day approved and I walk into this :censored2: show. Not sure why I was surprised. Thanks for taking over 250 packages for me buddy.

What's the problem? They took off your 8000 shelf so you could have an easy 8 hr day.

Whither

Scofflaw
Working? We all went out with 8 hour days since its Halloween. Apparently its the one time a year dispatch can actually make almost every route make sense. Almost.

We were promised the same -- "We've got approval to add routes so you guys can get home before dark!" I walked in and didn't find the board for the bid route I've been covering. Spoke with the dispatcher, "Oh yeah, we cut that route."

I went out in the blind on a town and country route. Got my last country stop off as the sun disappeared. Then into rural subdivisions without streetlights and plenty of costumed kids running about. Houses were all 100 ft or more off the street, mailboxes clustered together, so I was going slow as hell. Trace would've had me hunting addresses along a 65mph two-lane highway with no shoulder well after dark, but I got those off when breaking for pickups. 11 hours and change all said and done.

And several drivers were out later than me.

Last edited:

PowerLoader

We were promised the same -- "We've got approval to add routes so you guys can get home before dark!" I walked in and didn't find the board for the bid route I've been covering. Spoke with the dispatcher, "Oh yeah, we cut that route."

I went out in the blind on a town and country route. Got my last country stop off as the sun disappeared. Then into rural subdivisions without streetlights and plenty of costumed kids running about. Houses were all 100 ft or more off the street, mailboxes clustered together, so I was going slow as hell. Trace would've had me hunting addresses along a 65mph two-lane highway with no shoulder well after dark, but I got those off when breaking for pickups. 11 hours and change all said and done.

And several drivers were out later than me.
How much candy did you bag?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Our preload hasn’t had us wrapped up at 9 like we are supposed to in probably 6 months. Scheduled start time is 9:15 except for Tuesday’s we start at 9:30 and half the time we don’t get out till after 9:30 everyday.

Sounds like my building. Keep pushing start times back so maybe preload can get done and they still can't get done. I'm waiting for the 10am start time with air commits

OKLABob

Sounds like my building. Keep pushing start times back so maybe preload can get done and they still can't get done. I'm waiting for the 10am start time with air commits
Yep that’s how it is here. I guess they’d rather have drivers stand around on the belt making over 36 dollars a hour instead of starting our 14 dollar per hour part timers 30 minutes earlier.

PTPeanuts

Finally serving my 5 day suspension.
2 weeks ago I asked sup to let me know when it was going to happen so I could plan on not having any money in advance. He said ok.
Today I show up to work at 3:30 AM and he stops me at the door and says my suspension starts today.
I guess it would have killed him to tell me that before I showed up or given me some kind of notice at all. I know he doesn't like me and it kind of seemed like a big ":censored2: you."

Can't wait until I quit this place. My last day is going to go down in this center's history as "The Misload Day."

PTPeanuts

Great job.

Nothing sticks it to management like :censored2: over a whole bunch of drivers who just want to get home to their families...

Wow they might be out a little later one day. What a tragedy.
Big whoop.
Don't really give a :censored2: about the drivers anyway, half of them are dicks just like management.

All I know is PT sup says he "takes heat" when there are like 5 misloads. Can't wait to see what happens when I gradually start ramping them up to the double digits and then hit him with 100 or so on my last day.
Give me other ideas to :censored2: the center over on my way out and I might change my mind.