The Ol' Full Time/Peak Season Driver Switcheroo [On Topic]

Snack

I've been an unloader for close to 3 years now. About 3 weeks ago, I signed a posted bid for a full-time driver position. HR contacted me at the beginning of this week to inform me of the scheduled time for my road test. The HR lady also asked me to go ahead and complete a job application on upsjobs.com.

I was nearly complete with the application when I came across the acknowledgement of PEAK Season hiring policy.

"As a peak season hire, I acknowledge that my employment is temporary, that I have no guarantee of full-time or part-time employment with United Parcel Service ("UPS") and that my employment may be terminated on or before January 31, 2019.

I further acknowledge that as a peak season hire, I am an at-will employee, and, as such, my employment may be discontinued at any time."

I intend to contact HR later today to clear this up, but I think I've been duped. I just wanted to share my experience so that others might be aware that this can happen.

Box Ox

I've been an unloader for close to 3 years now. About 3 weeks ago, I signed a posted bid for a full-time driver position.

I've never seen a seasonal full time bid sheet that couldn't be identified as seasonal if read closely. Just gotta do that with every sheet. Go over every word.

If the bid sheet truly didn't mention anything about the position being temporary or seasonal, let your local know what's going on. People might be making the wrong life/job choices if they're being fooled by a bad bid sheet.

Ghost in the Darkness

Prbly too lazy to have an alternate application form. Thats a lot of work. You do realize there is a lot of sitting with those desk jobs... many fight obesity the rest of their lives because of this.

Snack

Well, I spoke with HR this afternoon. The lady promised me that the position was indeed full-time, that there must be a mix-up with the website. She encouraged me to quickly complete the application including the peak acknowledgement section.

I'm still somewhat concerned.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Well, I spoke with HR this afternoon. The lady promised me that the position was indeed full-time, that there must be a mix-up with the website. She encouraged me to quickly complete the application including the peak acknowledgement section.

The peak acknowledgement section. wut.
If it even says peak I would say that is a temp position haha.

UPS Preloader

She is lying. When you sign a bid, you don’t need to fill out an application online.