the only reason I like working for ups

stoni24

The only reason i like working for ups is when I stop at the local quick-mart for my nightly $1.29 bud light, hand the little 20 something year old pregnant girl( making minimum wage)a $5 bill. Then I walk away (daily) saying "keep the change". In a dumb way it makes me feel good......... More examples????

laffter

The only reason i like working for ups is when I stop at the local quick-mart for my nightly $1.29 bud light, hand the little 20 something year old pregnant girl( making minimum wage)a $5 bill. Then I walk away (daily) saying "keep the change". In a dumb way it makes me feel good......... More examples????

This is before you finish your route, yes?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I drive straight home and drink some water and relish the $5 still in my wallet.:cheers:

This is before you finish your route, yes?

This is Kinrossy, not klein!

Do you drink in on the way home??

rod

Retired 22 years
In some states it used to be legal to drink a cold one while driving a car as long as you weren't legaly drunk. In some states just the passengers could drink. I don't know if any of those states still exist.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In some states it used to be legal to drink a cold one while driving a car as long as you weren't legaly drunk. In some states just the passengers could drink. I don't know if any of those states still exist.

We just got Sunday Alcohol sales here, the liquor stores are open seven days a week!

gostillerz

At least you're still paying child support ;)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's still legal for passengers to drink here. I'm not aware of anywhere that the driver can drink.

browniehound

Do you understand what that $3.71 a day you are giving her everyday compounded at 7% over 30 years would net you? I'm not going to do the math but I would guess its in the tens of thousands of dollars. Maybe she understands this and when you go in there at age 64 after a day of still driving the package car she will own the store, be driving a late model cadillac and trying to figure out why you were so generous, LOL.

My friend, don't sacrifice your retirement and financial security to make yourself feel good in the moment. Or she could be some junkie. Either way, you lose.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Do you understand what that $3.71 a day you are giving her everyday compounded at 7% over 30 years would net you? I'm not going to do the math but I would guess its in the tens of thousands of dollars. Maybe she understands this and when you go in there at age 64 after a day of still driving the package car she will own the store, be driving a late model cadillac and trying to figure out why you were so generous, LOL.

My friend, don't sacrifice your retirement and financial security to make yourself feel good in the moment. Or she could be some junkie. Either way, you lose.

I'm assuming you don't waste any money, or give to the United Way. Any money given to the United Way, compounded at 7% over 30 years would also net you a few bucks too, no?