The overinflated ego of Ricky Brock

hypo hanna

A friend in dispatch sent me a video he just had to view from the VP of customer experience Ricky Brock. In it he exhorts the minions to go above and beyond for his customers with every transaction. But wait, there's a payoff for the peasants. If your manager notices your efforts he will submit it and depending on the value the Veep places on it you will be rewarded with either a a card signed by Ricky, a phone call from Ricky or even a personal visit from Ricky to your location to celebrate your achievement! Failed to say anything about actual cash.

In my best 1950's kid voice...
Golly gee willakers mister Brock, those sure are some keen prizes!

You know I might do something extra for a customer if i could be guaranteed I would never get a visit from creepy Ricky.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A friend in dispatch sent me a video he just had to view from the VP of customer experience Ricky Brock. In it he exhorts the minions to go above and beyond for his customers with every transaction. But wait, there's a payoff for the peasants. If your manager notices your efforts he will submit it and depending on the value the Veep places on it you will be rewarded with either a a card signed by Ricky, a phone call from Ricky or even a personal visit from Ricky to your location to celebrate your achievement! Failed to say anything about actual cash.

You know I might do something extra for a customer if i could be guaranteed I would never get a visit from creepy Ricky.

Wow!! This is such a good example of how upper management considers themselves to be "superstars", while the rest of us are breaking rocks in the prison yard. It's also an example of the larger FedEx culture, where managers and pilots are the only employees who are important.

This is analogous to having a professional basketball team where the management makes huge money and the players make very little. Imagine LeBron James getting paid $20 per hour and the administrative staff making $100M for a 6 year contract.

Perhaps somebody should rush Ricky to ER so he can get his head deflated before it is too late.

vantexan

I wonder if these people wake up every day thinking frontline employees are just as excited and enthusiastic about FedEx as they are? Could explain a lot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder if these people wake up every day thinking frontline employees are just as excited and enthusiastic about FedEx as they are? Could explain a lot.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They are FedEx "born-agains" because it's a great place to work....for them. They are totally clueless.

hypo hanna

You would of loved his video introducing himself to the unwashed masses when he got the position. Some of the highlights were a visit to his old Memphis elementary school to show that he is a genuine local boy and a screen shot of his Eagle Scout certificate.

I wonder how much all this self aggrandizing cost the company?

vantexan

You would of loved his video introducing himself to the unwashed masses when he got the position. Some of the highlights were a visit to his old Memphis elementary school to show that he is a genuine local boy and a screen shot of his Eagle Scout certificate.

I wonder how much all this self aggrandizing cost the company?

Is he being groomed to take over when Fred retires?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
oh man, that is just classic! ... I'll bet he got the holy hell beat out of him in school on a daily basis.

Memphis Nights: The Legend of Ricky Brocky

thedownhillEXPRESS

They absolutely do.

Our management starts every meeting with how good (or bad ) we made them look the day before.

They act like overexcited two year olds detailing this.

People just moan and groan...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
With the amount of cash Fred is paying this yahoo that money would be a lot better spent rewarding us. Heaven forbid that skinflint Smith would ever even think of that.

Last edited:

hypo hanna

Wow!! This is such a good example of how upper management considers themselves to be "superstars", while the rest of us are breaking rocks in the prison yard. It's also an example of the larger FedEx culture....

It is strange. I don't think I have ever seen this kind of self involvement with other corporations executives. In some way I think we brought this on ourselves. To this day I see employees fawn over Fred when he visits a location. Asking for pictures and autographs as if he were a pro athlete or movie star. After so much of that I can see where he sees himself that way. The Ricky Brock's and mt3's see this and think they too are rock stars.

UPS'rs, does this sort of thing go on at big brown?

bbsam

Staff member
I don't understand why anyone even pays attention to anything a guy who is "VP of customer experience" even says. Sound like a guy who's boot licking, butt kissing ways even annoyed Fred and he needed to create a position just to get him out of the office.

vantexan

I don't understand why anyone even pays attention to anything a guy who is "VP of customer experience" even says. Sound like a guy who's boot licking, butt kissing ways even annoyed Fred and he needed to create a position just to get him out of the office.

Yeah, that'll save money!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is strange. I don't think I have ever seen this kind of self involvement with other corporations executives. In some way I think we brought this on ourselves. To this day I see employees fawn over Fred when he visits a location. Asking for pictures and autographs as if he were a pro athlete or movie star. After so much of that I can see where he sees himself that way. The Ricky Brock's and mt3's see this and think they too are rock stars.

UPS'rs, does this sort of thing go on at big brown?

I think this is a holdover from the days long ago where Fred was kind of an icon because Federal Express was a great place to work and employees had no problems with Smith. Federal Express used to be a great place to work, and we appreciated it. The fact that this star worship crap persists today mystifies me, because all of these "stars" are screwing us blind.

I can guarantee you that if Fred or any of them were to visit stations in my district, they'd need some serious security. Fred actually made a visit a year or so ago, but he only went to Ground facilities and never set foot in an Express station. They even made sure his jet didn't land at the ramp. They uised a small executive airport about 40 miles away.

You know, it really wouldn't surprise me to see one of them attacked in the near future.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

That is big time megalomania, at the very least narcissistic personality disorder. No tangible treatment or cure other than to avoid this type of person personally and especially professionally.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I can guarantee you that if Fred or any of them were to visit stations in my district, they'd need some serious security. Fred actually made a visit a year or so ago, but he only went to Ground facilities and never set foot in an Express station. They even made sure his jet didn't land at the ramp. They uised a small executive airport about 40 miles away.

Wow. I never knew about that.

And THAT really speaks volumes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow. I never knew about that.

And THAT really speaks volumes.

Here's an idea. Why not have Ricky shed the Brooks Bros. suit and Gucci loafers for the day and have him be your replacement for the day? You ride along, but Ricky does the work. He gets in the cans, he lugs the 150# crate up the stairs, and he gets to be your little FedEx bitch.

hypo hanna

Here's an idea. Why not have Ricky shed the Brooks Bros. suit and Gucci loafers for the day and have him be your replacement for the day? You ride along, but Ricky does the work. He gets in the cans, he lugs the 150# crate up the stairs, and he gets to be your little FedEx bitch.

Heart attack by noon. Ricky looks a little out of shape.... Ok, a lot out of shape.