The Process after Driving School

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
So I completed driving school last week to be a cover driver and went on a route with a trainer Friday. The trainer said he will give me a good recommendation. It was also my knowledge that you get more then 1 day of being trained on a route. I thought it was 3 days with 3 different trainers. It is Monday now and I have not heard from UPS and have been unsuccessful getting a hold of human recourses. Anyone know how process usually works. Would they have me go out Friday and then not contact me the following week?

PT Car Washer

Normally the sup rides with you for three days before you are on your own. Never heard of it being three different sups. If the sup thinks you are ready to solo after only one ride you must be doing something right.

jkd3dawg

In this facility he said it's 3 supervised rides with 3 different drivers. Have you ever heard of them delaying the process of supervised rides after driving school? or do they usually do that right after driving school?

PT Car Washer

Mondays are normally light and cut routes. A lot of new drivers don't work Mondays. Sups may be training other new drivers before you also. Call the center and find out.

jkd3dawg

ok thanks. It sucks. I tried calling numerous times to human recourses and have not been able to get through. So looks like I wont be working tomorrow either

UPSGUY72

Yes. Their were 9 of us in driving school and only 1 wasn't off the street hire.

You are most likely as seasonal casual driver. That means your only going to work when needed and your not going to get 3 days of training on one route you will be lucky to get 1. As a seasonal hired during this time of the year you most likely will be doing splits routes made up just for peak and not permanent routes. These routes will most likely be almost all house call. That being said little to no training is required.

9.5er

You need to call the center you will be working in not HR. Supervisor may have put you in for a no call no show today if you didn't show up. You gotta CYA.

jkd3dawg

I called the center twice and wasn't able to get through and nobody told me to come in Monday so I doubt they'd give me a no show. that would be just ridiculous

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I called the center twice and wasn't able to get through and nobody told me to come in Monday so I doubt they'd give me a no show. that would be just ridiculous
Youll see a whole lot of ridiculous Youngblood, once you start working here. Youll have a lot of WTF moments when you see some of the crazyazz shiznitt they do that makes no sense at all. Like being in kindergarten some days. Total azzclown show most of the time lol. I just sit back n laugh my nuttz off at these idiots every morning pretty much n shake my head lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ridiculous things are a way of life at Brown.. In the future...don't leave the building without finding out what time to report the next day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Word of advice, instead of calling just physically go into work and speak with your supe and or Center manager. I would think that would be a better impression they would get of you that you are motivated and responsible to work. Its all a game son, you play it lol.

Word of advice, instead of calling just physically go into work and speak with your supe and or Center manager. I would think that would be a better impression they would get of you that you are motivated and responsible to work. Its all a game son, you play it lol.
Im sure,somebody would not mind,going home. And letting this young man,have a chance to work!