The religion of peace strikes again...

brett636

NYC bomb suspect seized aboard Dubai-bound plane
May 4 12:17 PM US/Eastern
By TOM HAYS and COLLEEN LONG
Associated Press Writers

NEW YORK (AP) - A Pakistani-born U.S. citizen was hauled off a plane about to fly to the Middle East and arrested in the failed attempt to explode a bomb-laden SUV in Times Square, authorities said Tuesday. One official said he claimed to have acted alone.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
NYC bomb suspect seized aboard Dubai-bound plane
May 4 12:17 PM US/Eastern
By TOM HAYS and COLLEEN LONG
Associated Press Writers

NEW YORK (AP) - A Pakistani-born U.S. citizen was hauled off a plane about to fly to the Middle East and arrested in the failed attempt to explode a bomb-laden SUV in Times Square, authorities said Tuesday. One official said he claimed to have acted alone.

Sounds like more arrests in Pakistan related to this idiot.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Assuming this bombing attempt was planned and backed by the Pakistani Taliban (which seems fairly likely), religion wouldn't actually have much to do with it.

brett636

Assuming this bombing attempt was planned and backed by the Pakistani Taliban (which seems fairly likely), religion wouldn't actually have much to do with it.
Huh? So the Taliban is a secular organization that just doesn't like the U.S.? That's a rather off base conclusion considering the motivation for all the terrorist attacks this country has endured that originated from that area.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Huh? So the Taliban is a secular organization that just doesn't like the U.S.? That's a rather off base conclusion considering the motivation for all the terrorist attacks this country has endured that originated from that area.
Where did I say that?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You stated religion had nothing to do with the attack, so what was the motivation if they weren't motivated by their religion?
Go back and read my post again. I didn't say that religion had nothing to do with the attack, I said that "Assuming this bombing attempt was planned and backed by the Pakistani Taliban (which seems fairly likely), religion wouldn't actually have much to do with it."
We've been hitting those guys pretty hard on their home turf for the past couple of years, I would be surprised if they didn't want to respond in kind. Yes, the Taliban are religious extremists, but that's incidental. Their beef with us has more to do with the drone attacks and/or our occupation of Afghanistan.
This is really all speculation at this point anyway, I'm waiting to see what the investigation turns up about this guy. There's a number of possibilities.

brett636

Go back and read my post again. I didn't say that religion had nothing to do with the attack, I said that "Assuming this bombing attempt was planned and backed by the Pakistani Taliban (which seems fairly likely), religion wouldn't actually have much to do with it."
We've been hitting those guys pretty hard on their home turf for the past couple of years, I would be surprised if they didn't want to respond in kind. Yes, the Taliban are religious extremists, but that's incidental. Their beef with us has more to do with the drone attacks and/or our occupation of Afghanistan.
This is really all speculation at this point anyway, I'm waiting to see what the investigation turns up about this guy. There's a number of possibilities.

Their religious extremism is what brought them to this point to begin with. Its the main motivation behind everything they do, and had we let them control Afghanistan they would likely be teaming up with Al Queada to attempt something similar because we are the "great satan".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Their religious extremism is what brought them to this point to begin with. Its the main motivation behind everything they do, and had we let them control Afghanistan they would likely be teaming up with Al Queada to attempt something similar because we are the "great satan".
Assuming we're talking about the Pakistani Taliban (I know I was), you might want to do a little reading. And like I said this all speculation anyway, it's entirely possible that this guy was a lone actor with his own set of motivations, which is what he appears to be claiming up to this point.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The MSM keeps feeling sorry for the N.Y. suspect saying he lost his house,etc. having a bad day. He made trips for training....13 in all......HELLO, it was deliberate and it was jihad!! Wake up......we have enemies. :knockedout:

bbsam

Staff member
Ok scholars, which world religion has a prophet that slaughtered the priests of a rival religion after a contest between their gods?

SWORDFISH

Ok scholars, which world religion has a prophet that slaughtered the priests of a rival religion after a contest between their gods?

The wording of your question needs some help and you didnt capatalize God which also make the question a bit confusing. Sorry not trying to be more correct but it does make a big difference.:wink2: