The Results Are In

JackStraw

The new 8's are awesome in the snow. Anti-lock brakes, drifting around corners, 180's on cul-de-sacs. Forgot how much fun it is to drive with rear wheel drive. Giddyup!

JackStraw

I had a P7. As everyone knows, they were(and still are I'd imagine) worthless in the snow. I'd get stuck in a parking lot.

barnyard

KTM rider
Old P7, new P7, they all get stuck on a thought. Wet snow is horrible to drive in. I got stuck at a stop sign last year. Had to get out my mats and traction strips, got out and drove back to the center. If I was getting stuck every time I came to a stop, there was no way I was going to stay out while it was still snowing an inch an hour.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Here's a question. When the new PC's get traction and stability control (possibly with yaw sensors like my pickup has), will that all be wired into telematics?

No more fun!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To go from a P7 to a P8 is not a good thing. That will mean nothing but more work.
The new 800's are a PITA to load...the cargo area's narrower. Actually, the whole truck is narrower..so you can't fit as much crap...the step up is closer to the rear bumper so I'll trip 25x because I'm used to it being further in the truck. I'll take an old 1000 any day.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The new 800's are a PITA to load...the cargo area's narrower. Actually, the whole truck is narrower..so you can't fit as much crap...the step up is closer to the rear bumper so I'll trip 25x because I'm used to it being further in the truck. I'll take an old 1000 any day.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Notretiredyet

Had a breakdown yesterday, ended up in an old manual trans/hi step/ no power steering P800 in 6+ inches of fresh snow. Those are the best trucks we have for deep snow conditions, too bad they are the worst truck to drive at any other time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
[
quote="JackStraw, post: 1270508, member: 44919"]I had a P7. As everyone knows, they were(and still are I'd imagine) worthless in the snow. I'd get stuck in a parking lot.[/quote

Amem brother! I had to dig out today-35 mins! Chains bailed out my rear!