The Rhyme Game

Sammie

Bound and determined not to let my mind fall thru the cracks, I've
been doing, or trying to do kakuro's and suduko's. I think word games
are good, too.

OK then. Poster posts a word, next poster posts a word that has to rhyme with the first word and so on.

Example:

Poster#1 - punishable

Poster#2 - inflatable

Poster#3 - inseparable

Loose

ol'browneye

So

explorable
adorable
and
lickable

don't rhyme??? :anxious:

Explorable and adorable rhyme but not lickable and none of your first examples did. Just because they end the same doesn't make them rhyme.

I looked up "rhyme" on Wikipedia and found this definition:"In the specific sense, two words rhyme if their final stressed vowel and all following sounds are identical."

Hey, I'm not the literary police and not trying to be an arse, I'm just a truck driver. I actually like your thread ideas. I thought I was just pointing out something obvious.:peaceful:

Sammie

Explorable and adorable rhyme but not lickable and none of your first examples did. Just because they end the same doesn't make them rhyme.

I looked up "rhyme" on Wikipedia and found this definition:"In the specific sense, two words rhyme if their final stressed vowel and all following sounds are identical."

Hey, I'm not the literary police and not trying to be an arse, I'm just a truck driver. I actually like your thread ideas. I thought I was just pointing out something obvious.:peaceful:

Gotcha!
I was thinking that if the endings matched, it was a deal.:happy-very: