The run around

I'm a casual driver 4th year my sups are telling me to hang in there you'll get a permanent job! They have been telling me this now for two years I bust my ass to get :censored2: done and after I do my 170 stops I end up having to help others. I'm curious is this the normal?

Future

Victory Ride
I'm a casual driver 4th year my sups are telling me to hang in there you'll get a permanent job! They have been telling me this now for two years I bust my ass to get :censored2: done and after I do my 170 stops I end up having to help others. I'm curious is this the normal?
Completely ....hang in there ....in the words of AC/DC......it's a long way too the top.....if you want to rock- n - roll

BlackCat

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but until you become FT they are going to continue to dangle that carrot in front of your face.

No matter how hard you bust your ass, you are not going to speed up the hiring process. Take your time and get done with the route when you get done. The worst thing you can do right now is to continue at a breakneck pace. You are eventually going to have a accident or get injured and eliminate yourself.

sorefeet

Same exact boat, 4 years casual summer & peak. center manager told me you are the number 1 guy in the building to get hired. Have sent me out blind on 3 different commercial routes so far this summer. Now they have me doing the toughest route in the center after 1 day of training
Suuuucks

The driver I helped for peak 2016 did five years preload, is on his fifth year part time driver, and said he has a few more years before FT. He's the best driver I've had as a helper and I think it's unfortunate. You can tell he wants this as a career the rest of his working life. But that doesn't matter on your journey to full time.

Hang in there.

WorknLateHuh

I get that you want to stand out, and probably already have, but I would stop "busting my ass" to get done. What matters is that you don't get in an accident, don't get hurt, and be fairly productive. Bending over backwards for them hoping it will get you in faster is a waste of time. It will happen when it happens, don't jump through hoops for them.

DOK

It's a shame your supplement permits casuals, it's not like that everywhere, good luck to you.

Delivery!!!

When are these casuals allowed to work? Year round or is it only peak and summer vacation season? Here we have no casuals but the bottom 8 or so drivers call in every day to see if they work. We do hire seasonals for peak though. I don't mind the on call system, at least the clock starts ticking on the 4 year progression.

ManInBrown

I can't believe there are locals, where you can be a casual for years. That's BS. The 177 is one year, you're either hired permanent or done.

What's to stop them from never hiring a permanent driver and having a whole sheetload of casuals?