The :censored: Hits The Fan...FedEx and UPS Slammed

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The brand isn't severely damaged. There are two, they both had the same issue. If anything the public gets a reality check in that there isn't an unlimited supply. If they take a moment to consider, they will quickly think, like duh and they to will adjust. You just want the brand to be severely damaged any way shape or form. I don't care, sure a little egg but nothing long term. As a shipper I've always known this and there are limits hit more often than just Christmas.

Both had the same issue, but to varying degrees. UPS is far better off than FedEx, which should be revealed as the stories roll-out over the next several days. From what I know and who I know at UPS, their problems are nothing compared to Express, which is a week behind in many locations. UPS had runners and temps in-place by the day after Thanksgiving. FedEx?Nothing, until they realized they had totally blown-it. Only then, did they start bringing-in cartage agents and runners. WAD, disenchanted employees, horrible mismanagement and extremely poor planning did them in. Yes, there was a lot of freight, but if you worked here, you would know that their main plan was just to have existing employees do more, which is no plan at all. That's what you don't see from the outside looking-in. Express is a clown circus, managed by the chimps and performing seals. The ringmaster is off somewhere else being feted at some big holiday gala. That, my friend, is the reality of FedEx Express. Total dysfunction, all the time. "The World, When We Get Around To It".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There's no fixing ignorance and greed; the vast majority of American consumers want their sh** and want it now. TUT, people won't learn and evolve..if anything this greed and selfishness is becoming more established.

TUT

Both had the same issue, but to varying degrees. UPS is far better off than FedEx, which should be revealed as the stories roll-out over the next several days. From what I know and who I know at UPS, their problems are nothing compared to Express, which is a week behind in many locations. UPS had runners and temps in-place by the day after Thanksgiving. FedEx?Nothing, until they realized they had totally blown-it. Only then, did they start bringing-in cartage agents and runners. WAD, disenchanted employees, horrible mismanagement and extremely poor planning did them in. Yes, there was a lot of freight, but if you worked here, you would know that their main plan was just to have existing employees do more, which is no plan at all. That's what you don't see from the outside looking-in. Express is a clown circus, managed by the chimps and performing seals. The ringmaster is off somewhere else being feted at some big holiday gala. That, my friend, is the reality of FedEx Express. Total dysfunction, all the time. "The World, When We Get Around To It".

Perhaps, but we know that Fedex was running Christmas packages in January last year, that went mostly unreported and totally forgotten about by February. We know your company is trying to make your Express division have a higher ROI, which usually doesn't aid workers. Perhaps once goal ROI is achieved, then maybe they will throw even more $$$ toward seasonal shipping to improve things. I'm sure they will use these gains here to prop up and with that be rewarded. From different titles you have different views on things, they aren't overall wrong, it just doesn't really benefit the employee, they answer to another calling now. The question is do we live long enough to see this shift?

The story is just starting to hit the general media after social media. FedEx is already blaming the weather and anything else except upper management. Lots of stories of ruined Christmas plans etc. Maybe Fred and Matt will put down the caviar and champagne long enough to pay attention...nah.

Closing Bell FDX up 1.30. Brer Thorton can rest easy tonight!!
By the time any ramifications are felt on Wall St., It will clearly be the "drivers" fault!! give em OLCC's and thin the herd!!!

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Gave you an "Optimistic" on that.
These Social Media people are the same ones that watch Duck Dynasty and Honey-Boo-Boo.
Lil off subject ... but can ya tell which one is which, before they grew their beards for the show?

images

Express Courier

Our local news just led off the 5 o'clock news with this story. In this report they slam UPS way harder than us and actually say FedEx had fewer problems. Haha.

HomeDelivery

Our local news just led off the 5 o'clock news with this story. In this report they slam UPS way harder than us and actually say FedEx had fewer problems. Haha.

they mentioned Ground having fewer problems... this Thurs & Fri proved that we were caught up and running normal. i clocked out at 1500 today!