The Story Of Your Enslavement.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Before you begin to ask yourself and others "why" this or that is, look first at what you are. This 13.10 minute video should help your focus and comments.

I have added Plato's Allegory Of The Cave. You may have already have seen or heard this but to stay focused of the real vs the illusion it needs to be refreshed contentiously in your mind. The state and commercial brainwashing is so profound, systemic and constant. 3.11 minutes.

S

serenity now

Okay, before I watch 13 minutes of anything: Are there any naked ladies included in the video?
I'm old, and my time is valuable.

wkmac

Okay, before I watch 13 minutes of anything: Are there any naked ladies included in the video?

I can completely and without question, in your case, assure you that there is nothing of any value nor would you benefit by watching any of this. My advice is to completely ignore this and move on to something more productive. Go look at what your latest orders are and work on that. Great use of your time.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.

There must be some reruns of Dancing with Stars or American idol to keep your "mind" occupied.

Last edited:

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Stefan Molyneux made the video "The Story of Your Enslavement" you posted.

His website.

My bad. Yet, as you can see the topic was covered 2500 years ago. I put more weight on original works more than those that built off of them. I posted the video because most people read mostly comic books and are mostly ignorant of works done by original authors. That's why I also posted Plato's work.

Last edited:

wkmac

"Scientific societies are as yet in their infancy. . . . It is to be expected that advances in physiology and psychology will give governments much more control over individual mentality than they now have even in totalitarian countries. Fitche laid it down that education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. . . . Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible. . . .”

Bertrand Russell,1953

“In regard to propaganda the early advocates of universal literacy and a free press envisaged only two possibilities: the propaganda might be true, or the propaganda might be false. They did not foresee what in fact has happened, above all in our Western capitalist democracies - the development of a vast mass communications industry, concerned in the main neither with the true nor the false, but with the unreal, the more or less totally irrelevant. In a word, they failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions.

In the past most people never got a chance of fully satisfying this appetite. They might long for distractions, but the distractions were not provided. Christmas came but once a year, feasts were "solemn and rare," there were few readers and very little to read, and the nearest approach to a neighborhood movie theater was the parish church, where the performances though frequent, were somewhat monotonous. For conditions even remotely comparable to those now prevailing we must return to imperial Rome, where the populace was kept in good humor by frequent, gratuitous doses of many kinds of entertainment - from poetical dramas to gladiatorial fights, from recitations of Virgil to all-out boxing, from concerts to military reviews and public executions. But even in Rome there was nothing like the non-stop distractions now provided by newspapers and magazines, by radio, television and the cinema.

In "Brave New World" non-stop distractions of the most fascinating nature are deliberately used as instruments of policy, for the purpose of preventing people from paying too much attention to the realities of the social and political situation. The other world of religion is different from the other world of entertainment; but they resemble one another in being most decidedly "not of this world." Both are distractions and, if lived in too continuously, both can become, in Marx's phrase "the opium of the people" and so a threat to freedom. Only the vigilant can maintain their liberties, and only those who are constantly and intelligently on the spot can hope to govern themselves effectively by democratic procedures.

"A society, most of whose members spend a great part of their time, not on the spot, not here and now and in their calculable future, but somewhere else, in the irrelevant other worlds of sport and soap opera, of mythology and metaphysical fantasy, will find it hard to resist the encroachments of those would manipulate and control it.”

Aldous Huxley