The things we share on BC

fethrs

We share so much here on BC, good and bad, it is kind of like an extended, dysfunctional and sometimes loony family. I bring this up because of the loss of my kitty, Tweety. I share my loss, you share yours or give words of kindness and it helps, it really does.

I am not thinking of the politics, more along the lines of personal things. Birthdays, vacations, new additions to the family be it people or pet. Happy times, sad times. Good days, and bad days. Personal accomplishments and failures too. Stories about family or friends that make us laugh and some that make us cry.

It seems that somewhere on this forum we can find someone or something that we can relate to, in some small way, and it helps, even if it's sad.

I hope we keep the stories and sharing coming. It's part of the BC life and you, yes you, the one reading this, is part of it too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We share so much here on BC, good and bad, it is kind of like an extended, dysfunctional and sometimes loony family. I bring this up because of the loss of my kitty, Tweety. I share my loss, you share yours or give words of kindness and it helps, it really does.

I am not thinking of the politics, more along the lines of personal things. Birthdays, vacations, new additions to the family be it people or pet. Happy times, sad times. Good days, and bad days. Personal accomplishments and failures too. Stories about family or friends that make us laugh and some that make us cry.

It seems that somewhere on this forum we can find someone or something that we can relate to, in some small way, and it helps, even if it's sad.

I hope we keep the stories and sharing coming. It's part of the BC life and you, yes you, the one reading this, is part of it too.

Good observation ... that's what family is for.

bigbrownhen

So true. I always thought it was strange how people could connect "online". I never thought I'd be one to be involved in a chat room or have "internet friends". I really care about some of the people I have gotten to know here. Call me strange, but its true.

fethrs

When I first started out driving in the country I was scared of the dark but I'm not anymore. There is that personal enough for you.
407. I hope you were trying to be funny, but I have a feeling you are just trying to be sarcastic.
That's something you should be proud of, what a big boy you must be to be able to drive around in the dark at night, all alone, without mommy. Big boy indeed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Brown Cafe is more than just a place where UPSers can come and learn more about their job, whether they are a newbie or have 20+ years under their belts, and more about the jobs of other UPSers whom we do not normally interact with on a daily basis. It is also a place where friendships can be made.

Hoax used the word family. I think it is a good choice of words to describe Brown Cafe. OK, we may be more like Modern Family than the Cleavers, but we are stil family.

I was proud to introduce my future son-in-law, James, to my BC family.

The best part of BC, to me, is the fact that we come from all walks of life and represent all ideals, whether political or ideological. This is what helps to keep the conversation lively and fresh.

I think I'll stay for awhile.

407. I hope you were trying to be funny, but I have a feeling you are just trying to be sarcastic.
That's something you should be proud of, what a big boy you must be to be able to drive around in the dark at night, all alone, without mommy. Big boy indeed.
I was trying to be funny but I really hated being out there in the dark there wasent any street lights and the address were not on alot of the boxes. Then to make it worse I told some of the high senority drivers out there and it was a big joke for years. Now as it turns out my bid route is in the country and it dosent bother me at all because I know it like the back of my hand. Anyway sorry if I offended you my bad I was just trying to relate in my own way and personality.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I was trying to be funny but I really hated being out there in the dark there wasent any street lights and the address were not on alot of the boxes. Then to make it worse I told some of the high senority drivers out there and it was a big joke for years. Now as it turns out my bid route is in the country and it dosent bother me at all because I know it like the back of my hand. Anyway sorry if I offended you my bad I was just trying to relate in my own way and personality.

I think she'll forgive you:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
Brown Cafe is more than just a place where UPSers can come and learn more about their job, whether they are a newbie or have 20+ years under their belts, and more about the jobs of other UPSers whom we do not normally interact with on a daily basis. It is also a place where friendships can be made.

Hoax used the word family. I think it is a good choice of words to describe Brown Cafe. OK, we may be more like Modern Family than the Cleavers, but we are stil family.

The best part of BC, to me, is the fact that we come from all walks of life and represent all ideals, whether political or ideological. This is what helps to keep the conversation lively and fresh.

I think I'll stay for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Just until you retire-----then you aren't welcome here anymore

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I would like to share something with my buddies on BC . I like that "buddys on BC " has a nice ring to it. Well anyway Stewie just found out he is going to be a grand father . The lovely Erin Bridget and Bill are going to have a baby. A little "pasta and potatoes".I can't wait to buy the baby a new bat. And yes even if the baby is a girl because her mother was a hellava ball player.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I think I'll stay for awhile.
Family and friends................. :sad-little:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yep, and my granddaughters are here from Vegas and didn't know why they felt off balance. It's rock'n'roll for real !