The three things that you hate and three things that you love about peak

browniehound

This is a great topic. Its great somebody started this. Well here I go:

I hate working 11.5 to 11.99 everyday.
I love that paycheck on Friday.

I hate digging for packages and trying to manage a load of 500 pieces and 300 stops.
I love the challenge of peak. It breaks up the boredom of delivering my same route the other 11 months.

I hate having a helper because it means I get more work.
I love having a helper because I don't have to work as hard.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love the sense of camaradarie. Everybody is working late, everybody is in the same boat, everybody is facing the same challenges.

I love the fact that, unlike summer, our service failures and long hours are generally not due to self-inflicted management stupidity. We are working late because its Christmas, not because some idiot from I.E. decided to eliminate routes in order to look good on a report.

I love delivering in the dark to houses that are decorated with a lot of lights, and I love it when people are genuinely happy to see me because I am bringing gifts to them.

I love the fact that I'm not sweating in 100 degree heat. The package car has a pretty effective heater, but the A/C leaves a lot to be desired. I can stay comfortable by wearing a jacket and gloves.

I cant really think of anything that I truly hate about peak. When I wake up on a Monday morning in December, I know and accept the fact that I have a 60 hour workweek ahead of me. I'm not a victim. Its UPS, its Christmas, and thats what I signed on for when I made a decision to make a career here.