The Time Is Right For A National Sick Day

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We need to send a message that is loud and clear...have some respect for your employees or suffer the consequences. I'm tired of 15% differentials, $20 per hour temps, and all of the regular/normal abuse we take daily.

We have no union, and few prospects for anything on the horizon, so we need to take action.

I propose a National Sick Day (NSD) right at the worst time during Peak in order to do maximum harm to both the operation and our beloved management. Tuesday, December 23rd sounds perfect to me.

If even 20% of us participate, the impact will be profound. Its already going to be a hot mess, and a sickout will ensure maximum non-delivery and even more late packages. I especially encourage RTDs to do it, because 5 positions of late/no freight has much more impact than a single courier.

These bastards deserve it, and they will continue to abuse us as long as we take it without a peep.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
We need to send a message that is loud and clear...have some respect for your employees or suffer the consequences. I'm tired of 15% differentials, $20 per hour temps, and all of the regular/normal abuse we take daily.

We have no union, and few prospects for anything on the horizon, so we need to take action.

I propose a National Sick Day (NSD) right at the worst time during Peak in order to do maximum harm to both the operation and our beloved management. Tuesday, December 23rd sounds perfect to me.

If even 20% of us participate, the impact will be profound. Its already going to be a hot mess, and a sickout will ensure maximum non-delivery and even more late packages. I especially encourage RTDs to do it, because 5 positions of late/no freight has much more impact than a single courier.

These bastards deserve it, and they will continue to abuse us as long as we take it without a peep.
I normally disagree with EVERYTHING you post, and I don't know if this is a good idea or not. But it's long overdue for the employees of FedEx to do something, any thing to fight back against abusive and stingy management.
You could even call it Ebenezer Scrooge day, just to let them know what you think of their management tactics.

MechLift

UPS has been staffing up to avoid a repeat of last year and could probably absorb a good part of the inconvenience a peak strike would create.

dezguy

UPS has been staffing up to avoid a repeat of last year and could probably absorb a good part of the inconvenience a peak strike would create.
Same cannot be said for us. UPS is more than likely going out next peak, on strike up here. If that happens, it is going to be an absolute disaster.

It will be fine

With Walmart, Black Friday seems like a better day to stage a protest. Dec 23 is when all the stations will have a bunch of extra drivers that just got a month of on the job training that are about to lose their jobs. Bad timing to put your job on the line.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

I hope and prey you boys organize and go union. You guys deserve it dude. That's the only way things will improve for you guys. I think it can be done but it has to start somewhere with your coworkers.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ibrokemyspacebarkey.
imagesI07BES8H.jpg
lol