The Tribute to Good Supervisors Thread

tardus

Well, I just thought that now that I've retired that I should give a shout-out to the few decent supervisors that I encountered over the years. I often think of the time that I backed into the district manager's fancy automobile with a package car. My lady supervisor laughed and told me that she thought that he deserved it! I thought that she walked on water from then on!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
my center manager is the best boss i have ever had. lets me know what he wants to happen and leaves all the details and methods to me

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Triibute to Good Supervisors Thread

I have had quite a few good supervisors in the 26 years I have been here. It would be nice if the company rewarded them for their ethics and integrity instead of punishing them.

curiousbrain

The natural jerks withstanding, it is my belief that the "goodness" of a supervisor is proportionate to the craziness that is given to them. As the crazy goes up, the goodness goes down; even the best supervisors can only dodge the stupid for so long, until someone comes along and directly instructs you to do the crazy. The fact that they have to directly instruct you to do the crazy is evidence of two things: 1) their own incompetence as management, and 2) the intensity of the "crazy" in question.

I smell a mathematical formula somewhere in there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Isn't that the truth ... the workers will go to great lengths to help out the good supervisors who treat the employees well.

Just like everything else in life, its a two-way street.

Along the same line of thought, do you think you are capable of respecting someone that does not respect you?

The supervisors in my last center still call me on my birthday and anniversary. one in my current center harasses and intimidates.
I think the center manager came from sobers building so that is probably why.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well, I just thought that now that I've retired that I should give a shout-out to the few decent supervisors that I encountered over the years. I often think of the time that I backed into the district manager's fancy automobile with a package car. My lady supervisor laughed and told me that she thought that he deserved it! I thought that she walked on water from then on!
tardus

Excellent thread!

Unfortunately the best management people that I have experienced in UPS no longer work for UPS.

Every time I see someone who cares about people with the claims that are outlined in the UPS written policies I know their days are numbered.

What profit a man if he gains all the money in the whole world yet loses his soul?

Management who don't trade their souls for false promises of the deceptive culture exhibited at many large corporations are usually unwelcomed trouble makers.

They are becoming extinct.

Sincerely,
I

menotyou

bella amicizia
tardus

Excellent thread!

Unfortunately the best management people that I have experienced in UPS no longer work for UPS.

Every time I see someone who cares about people with the claims that are outlined in the UPS written policies I know their days are numbered.

What profit a man if he gains all the money in the whole world yet loses his soul?

Management who don't trade their souls for false promises of the deceptive culture exhibited at many large corporations are usually unwelcomed trouble makers.

They are becoming extinct.

Sincerely,
I
So, you are saying BrownBaggin is getting fired?