The truth about ups

chewonthis

I believe it's time that the public knew the truth about how ups really works.
It has gotten to the point that the standard of service for customers has taken a back seat to profit.
It would be enlightening for everyone that uses,or has used ups to learn a few facts about the way they treat their employees,from unfair production standards to oversupervision and harassment.
A lot of people here in the browncafe have an excellent grasp on articulating when posting on a thread. Maybe Soberups ,Integrity or anyone,could help me in finding the words to write an honest account of what really goes on at the hub.
If we could work together,and come up with an eye opening journey into the top heavy world of profit and trickle down accountability it would make a great page two article in any major metropolitan newspaper.
I am not doing this to hurt ups in any way,they have provided me with a job that I believe I do well.
I am doing this because I honestly think that greed from the shareholders is starting to affect our quality of service to one that should not befit a one hundred year old respected,trusted corporation.
I don't want anyone to write a book,just a short expose to inform the public .
Anyone into it ?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I prefer TV interviews myself

So much crazy stuff, I see big $$$$ in a reality TV show. "The Real UPS Guys of Roswell" yeah, I just trademarked that, don't steal it. I already got a host
geraldo-rivera1.jpg

Last edited:

trickpony1

You can start your expose' with..........

Jim Casey didn't want us to go public.....

(or so I'm told by a former manager of "our" company).

Leftinbuilding

LOL, I am sure our customers and shareholders will be horrified to learn UPS runs a very tight ship, thereby maximizing profits, and keeping prices down. However will they deal with it? Too funny.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I personally would be a bit reluctant to air my company's "dirty laundry" in public.

I understand the sentiment behind what you are trying to accomplish, but my concern would be that our customers response would be to use the competition instead of UPS, and that serves no purpose whatsoever.

And in any case, it isnt the public that needs to know what goes on in the average hub or center...its Scott Davis and his people in Atlanta. I am convinced that these guys are so obsessed with technology and chasing metrics that they truly have no concept of what actually happens in the real world of a package car or a sort aisle.

chewonthis

I personally would be a bit reluctant to air my company's "dirty laundry" in public.

I understand the sentiment behind what you are trying to accomplish, but my concern would be that our customers response would be to use the competition instead of UPS, and that serves no purpose whatsoever.

And in any case, it isnt the public that needs to know what goes on in the average hub or center...its Scott Davis and his people in Atlanta. I am convinced that these guys are so obsessed with technology and chasing metrics that they truly have no concept of what actually happens in the real world of a package car or a sort aisle.
Sober.my intent is to bring the reality of it all to Scott Davis and his affiliates and not to disrupt the quality of service our customers have come to count on.
I thank you for your honest opinion and agree that it may seem like biting the hand that feeds you,but someone has to speak up,because it is getting out of hand.