The truth about Vietnam...

bacha29

less scary than the literal communist terrorists spitting on soldiers and bombing trains of the Boomer generation

worst generation in American history, bar none
If it were not for the Boomers who despite one of the worst foreign policy blunders in the nation's history stemmed communist expansion in a little place called Vietnam at a cost of 58,000 Boomer lives. If they had not exceeded today chances are you'd be speaking Russian you and you kids would be attending a state owned school living in state owned housing and working a state assigned job at a state owned factory or state owned collective farm.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If it were not for the Boomers who despite one of the worst foreign policy blunders in the nation's history stemmed communist expansion in a little place called Vietnam at a cost of 58,000 Boomer lives. If they had not exceeded today chances are you'd be speaking Russian you and you kids would be attending a state owned school living in state owned housing and working a state assigned job at a state owned factory or state owned collective farm.
ah yes, war is the only way to peace. lol, some people fall for that and some don't.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

ah yes, war is the only way to peace. lol, some people fall for that and some don't.

Hello??? This has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Serf

despite one of the worst foreign policy blunders in the nation's history stemmed communist expansion in a little place called Vietnam at a cost of 58,000 Boomer lives
I agree. Fast forward to my generation. Iraq war disaster stemmed radical Islamic terrorism expansion both home and abroad. At a cost of apps 4,500 lives.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
we lost in Vietnam dunno if you noticed

it stopped expanding in SE asia because it WAS NEVER GOING TO EXPAND IN THE FIRST PLACE, nobody else was interested because Britain actually took care of their colonies instead of pillaging them like the French

bacha29

we lost in Vietnam dunno if you noticed

it stopped expanding in SE asia because it WAS NEVER GOING TO EXPAND IN THE FIRST PLACE, nobody else was interested because Britain actually took care of their colonies instead of pillaging them like the French
Not going to expand? Try telling that to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos. Brits taking care of their colonies? If their care was so good why did we fight The Revolutionary War? Of course they did such a great job in Palestine. Partition it then take off and run and let the next guy figure out what to do with it. BTW the Union Jack still flies over a dozen or more British territories. Funny part about it...Many if not most are in the Caribbean.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not going to expand? Try telling that to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos. Brits taking care of their colonies? If their care was so good why did we fight The Revolutionary War? Of course they did such a great job in Palestine. Partition it then take off and run and let the next guy figure out what to do with it. BTW the Union Jack still flies over a dozen or more British territories. Funny part about it...Many if not most are in the Caribbean.
please read some books about the topic, i wrote my major thesis on counterinsurgency in Indochina, you have a lot to catch up on

bacha29

please read some books about the topic, i wrote my major thesis on counterinsurgency in Indochina, you have a lot to catch up on
Did you talk to the guys who actually fought it? In addition did your thesis acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of the guys who did the fighting and dying were drafted? Unlike today they didn't have a choice or say or a college deferment Or didn't they matter according to your thesis? Oh yeah, I was was in the last year of the draft lottery. After constantly being contacted by so called recruiters who went to great lengths to remind me that they could still draft me I pulled a 204 draft lottery number You should have heard their pitch afterward. Oh so nice . Lovey dovey.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Did you talk to the guys who actually fought it? In addition did your thesis acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of the guys who did the fighting and dying were drafted? Unlike today they didn't have a choice or say or a college deferment Or didn't they matter according to your thesis? Oh yeah, I was was in the last year of the draft lottery. After constantly being contacted by so called recruiters who went to great lengths to remind me that they could still draft me I pulled a 204 draft lottery number You should have heard their pitch afterward. Oh so nice . Lovey dovey.
only 25% of those who served in Vietnam were drafted, so right off the bat you’re wrong

bacha29

only 25% of those who served in Vietnam were drafted, so right off the bat you’re wrong
How many of that 25% were combat soldiers and of that 25% what percentage were poor white kids from the rural areas, poor black kids from the cities and poor Hispanic kids from the barrios? Oh by the way since you're such an expert with regard to the event.....what branch of the military did you serve in and what was your rank?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
How many of that 25% were combat soldiers and of that 25% what percentage were poor white kids from the rural areas, poor black kids from the cities and poor Hispanic kids from the barrios? Oh by the way since you're such an expert with regard to the event.....what branch of the military did you serve in and what was your rank?
google your own questions, i just pointed out you were factually wrong

also take your :censored2:ty dick measuring elsewhere, history doesn’t require a dd214

bacha29

google your own questions, i just pointed out you were factually wrong

also take your :censored2:ty dick measuring elsewhere, history doesn’t require a dd214
So in other words you didn't serve. You didn't have to fight a war that was lost before you even arrived or have a choice as to whether you want to or not.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
If it wasn't for Vietnam, we'd never have a Predator movie. And the false quote, " If it bleeds, it dies."