The UPS Strike, 20 Years Later

Mrunderdog

As a former Pre-Loader, and Package driver (Until my trial was about over and told I didn't fulfill something 3 weeks prior) and going back to pre-loading my job was from 1987 until I quit in 1992 because I got a job with the Electric Utility of NYC, a name I don't mention since we were locked out for 3 weeks back in 2012.

I remember this strike, Ron Carey was my local President and was a great one, I missed his tenor as National President because I left the Company. but I remember I was working for my present job the day of the strike, I worked in Manhattan for the utility and my parking lot was at 45 st and 12 ave 2 blocks from the Manhattan facility or hub if they still call them that. I would picket and stand hand and hand with my strong union sisters and brothers, I did feel your fight was my fight, just as I do with Verizon and all other strikes. You are the voice of labor when your contract is up and I will be standing hand and hand with you again, I do live in farmingdale Long island and will be picketing in that hub, if need be.

I have no problem chasing scabs, as I did during my lock out, as a matter of fact the beer distributer union (Clare Rose) went on strike and when I saw the scabs driving I would park so they couldn't make deliveries or would have to walk blocks.

When the strike was over, I happened to be at the deli by my house and the driver gets out, I had no idea the strike ended the day or so before, and the driver says to me, "excuse me, can you please move your Vehicle so I can make deliveries" I responded "F88K you scab, I'm staying here all day or until a union guy asks me to move" he said "buddy iam a union guy" I was like WTF!!! "your even worse" he said "No .. the strike is over" to my relief because he was a big dude and I would have gotten a definite ass kicking, I said , "I'm sorry my bother", after I did a quick google search to verify, and he said "no my man Thank you"

With that, iam an Eboard member of my Local which is Local 1-2 for the UWUA, and to my Teamsters Sisters and Brothers, I and my entire Local has your back, so whatever you need, we are here for you. Solidarity!!!!!!!!!

govols019

You smell that?
As a former Pre-Loader, and Package driver (Until my trial was about over and told I didn't fulfill something 3 weeks prior) and going back to pre-loading my job was from 1987 until I quit in 1992 because I got a job with the Electric Utility of NYC, a name I don't mention since we were locked out for 3 weeks back in 2012.

I remember this strike, Ron Carey was my local President and was a great one, I missed his tenor as National President because I left the Company. but I remember I was working for my present job the day of the strike, I worked in Manhattan for the utility and my parking lot was at 45 st and 12 ave 2 blocks from the Manhattan facility or hub if they still call them that. I would picket and stand hand and hand with my strong union sisters and brothers, I did feel your fight was my fight, just as I do with Verizon and all other strikes. You are the voice of labor when your contract is up and I will be standing hand and hand with you again, I do live in farmingdale Long island and will be picketing in that hub, if need be.

I have no problem chasing scabs, as I did during my lock out, as a matter of fact the beer distributer union (Clare Rose) went on strike and when I saw the scabs driving I would park so they couldn't make deliveries or would have to walk blocks.

When the strike was over, I happened to be at the deli by my house and the driver gets out, I had no idea the strike ended the day or so before, and the driver says to me, "excuse me, can you please move your Vehicle so I can make deliveries" I responded "F88K you scab, I'm staying here all day or until a union guy asks me to move" he said "buddy iam a union guy" I was like WTF!!! "your even worse" he said "No .. the strike is over" to my relief because he was a big dude and I would have gotten a definite ass kicking, I said , "I'm sorry my bother", after I did a quick google search to verify, and he said "no my man Thank you"

With that, iam an Eboard member of my Local which is Local 1-2 for the UWUA, and to my Teamsters Sisters and Brothers, I and my entire Local has your back, so whatever you need, we are here for you. Solidarity!!!!!!!!!

Google was around in 1997?