The Value of a Good Shop Steward

Seymour Packages

In my time at UPS, I've had two shop stewards. One was a limp dck extension of the management team who sold us out at every opportunity. Thankfully he was voted out and replaced by our current shop steward. Morale has improved substantially since he came in. He is an old school, by the book driver that sees management for the scum they are. He won't hesitate to help you file a stack of grievances if the need arises. He is fair and teaches the young guys how to keep the roving packing of management hyenas off their back. I hope the newer generation coming up keeps the same tenacity in the future. That is yet to be seen.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
In my time at UPS, I've had two shop stewards. One was a limp dck extension of the management team who sold us out at every opportunity. Thankfully he was voted out and replaced by our current shop steward. Morale has improved substantially since he came in. He is an old school, by the book driver that sees management for the scum they are. He won't hesitate to help you file a stack of grievances if the need arises. He is fair and teaches the young guys how to keep the roving packing of management hyenas off their back. I hope the newer generation coming up keeps the same tenacity in the future. That is yet to be seen.
I finally got a good one too, but the drivers' one loved my 3.6's

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Eliminate all management positions and pay drivers $75 an hr....then we wouldn’t need a steward. The company would run way more smoothly without management.
🧔✊

quad decade guy

What about the Big Union Types that publicly admit to not representing EVERYONE.....based on certain conditions? or politics?

Or hate?

Or perhaps trading one career for another?

quad decade guy

On a positive note: I owe my continued long career to a caring Steward that payed attention and spent a lot of personal time helping me.

I can remember sitting at his dinner table AT HOME late in the evening(wife feeding the family) and discussing facts and strategy about my case.

He eventually ran for President of our Local but never made it.

Good guy.

I owe him and thank him whenever I have seen him. And tell this story to whoever I can.

Despite being smeared otherwise, I am a union member......FOR ALL.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
On a positive note: I owe my continued long career to a caring Steward that payed attention and spent a lot of personal time helping me.

I can remember sitting at his dinner table AT HOME late in the evening(wife feeding the family) and discussing facts and strategy about my case.

He eventually ran for President of our Local but never made it.

Good guy.

I owe him and thank him whenever I have seen him. And tell this story to whoever I can.

Despite being smeared otherwise, I am a union member......FOR ALL.

Guy must have been a saint to listen to your incessant ramblings...... serious question

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Eliminate all management positions and pay drivers $75 an hr....then we wouldn’t need a steward. The company would run way more smoothly without management.
🧔✊

You are drunk..stop posting.

You guys get mad at each other when another person bumps you for a day off..we have to referee that crap daily. Run if it by yourself...sober up.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

You guys get mad at each other when another person bumps you for a day off..we have to referee that crap daily. Run if it by yourself...sober up.
I’m drunk at 1:03 pm at work? ...silly management. We only get bumped because your team knows nothing and afraid to train new drivers (even with tablets and mapnav)
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

I don’t get bumped , IM A RPCD...the time to train new hires is now! quit wasting time!
🧔✊

542thruNthru

you still couldn't manage yourself....or others.

Your union doesn't want us on the car cause you might have the big C...so no training, oh well.
No offense but you guys don't really "manage" anymore.

You more get told what to do on a email and then try to explain why it didn't work on a conference call every morning.

Honestly the OMS does more managing of the center than most of you guys.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No offense but you guys don't really "manage" anymore.

You more get told what to do on a email and then try to explain why it didn't work on a conference call every morning.

Honestly the OMS does more managing of the center than most of you guys.

Lord knows dispatchers can't manage to find the floor when they trip. Might as well go back to driver sort/load. That way my loop mates can't sit around in the office two hours before start time and whine to the dispatcher until he puts all their bad time allowance stops on my route so they can be home by 5 every day with an hour of bonus.