The Virus likely mutated in Italy, the same can and might happen here.

As of 6:20pm on March 22nd, the total cases in China is just over 81,000 with just over 3,200 people dying as a result of the disease.
In Italy, there are just over 59,000 cases and over 5,400 people that have died as a result of the disease.
32,000 less cases in Italy but 2,200 more deaths. Italy also has 3,000 people in critical condition while China has just over 1,800.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 336,838 Cases and 14,616 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

This can likely be the result of a mutation in the virus. Bacteria is a-sexual which means it reproduces by making a copy of itself. Just like any type of reproductive system mutations can occur during this process and when you reproduce as quickly and frequently as bacteria the more likely the chances of a mutation to occur.

I believe this happened in Italy, I think Italy's COVID-19 is not the same as China's and this is resulting in a higher contamination rate and a higher mortality rate.

UPS is not taking this matter seriously, they have provided no PPE such as gloves or masks and they have not clean or disinfected any surfaces on the trucks that I have seen. Nor have they provided any type of sterilization. All they have done is cancel morning meetings and tell us to wash our hands at all the very convenient hand washing stations out on route.

This situation is as serious as it gets and with the extreme exposure to drivers and other UPS employees something has to be done or it can and will cost lives and a lot of them.

OKLABob

Dude ups doesn’t give a rats ass about the Coronavirus. Look at our are way higher ups
Commenting on it “sanitizing trucks and work areas” false. Sanitizer and gloves being given to drivers. False. They do not care I read a post from trump thanking UPS like we are super heroes. We need to be home until this passes like everyone eles. Amazon back scratchers are not worth me getting sick. Maybe 10/150 stops on my truck are medicine.

I'm with you. On Friday I finally started reading the descriptions on Amazon packages. Toys, toys, toys, clothes, video games, furniture, the occasional grocery item and then once in awhile personal health item. It is disgusting what this company is doing and I'm 2 days away from turning in my badge just because I don't want to be associated with a company that is willing to act and show such blatant disregard for their employees and customers.

quad decade guy

As of 6:20pm on March 22nd, the total cases in China is just over 81,000 with just over 3,200 people dying as a result of the disease.
In Italy, there are just over 59,000 cases and over 5,400 people that have died as a result of the disease.
32,000 less cases in Italy but 2,200 more deaths. Italy also has 3,000 people in critical condition while China has just over 1,800.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 336,838 Cases and 14,616 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

This can likely be the result of a mutation in the virus. Bacteria is a-sexual which means it reproduces by making a copy of itself. Just like any type of reproductive system mutations can occur during this process and when you reproduce as quickly and frequently as bacteria the more likely the chances of a mutation to occur.

I believe this happened in Italy, I think Italy's COVID-19 is not the same as China's and this is resulting in a higher contamination rate and a higher mortality rate.

UPS is not taking this matter seriously, they have provided no PPE such as gloves or masks and they have not clean or disinfected any surfaces on the trucks that I have seen. Nor have they provided any type of sterilization. All they have done is cancel morning meetings and tell us to wash our hands at all the very convenient hand washing stations out on route.

This situation is as serious as it gets and with the extreme exposure to drivers and other UPS employees something has to be done or it can and will cost lives and a lot of them.

Do you breathe air? No matter how much you wash your hands, YOU ARE EXPOSED.

Get it, get better or die. About how its going to be. Your chances are more than

excellent.

quad decade guy

I'm with you. On Friday I finally started reading the descriptions on Amazon packages. Toys, toys, toys, clothes, video games, furniture, the occasional grocery item and then once in awhile personal health item. It is disgusting what this company is doing and I'm 2 days away from turning in my badge just because I don't want to be associated with a company that is willing to act and show such blatant disregard for their employees and customers.

Really? I'm curious, what will you be giving up careerwise, family etc?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Did your hypothesis take into account that Italy has the 5th oldest population in the world, or the fact that most people believe China is not being truthful about their real numbers?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why wait two days? Hit the road, there's a lost of unemployed folks out there right now who would love to have your job.

Its not spreading fear and panic, its informing people of what I believe to be the case and I believe people (just like you) are downplaying this, acting like it's another swine flu. No I don't have a PhD. I have a BS in Environmental Science from Washington. I didn't study biology but I took a lot of it. Do I know that this is the case? no. It could be general health or age of a region in Italy, I am speaking from my gut and what I have learned in my lifetime. I'm no expert, just one of you.

Poop Head

Judge me.
More work for me! Thanks tard!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
giphy (48).gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Its not spreading fear and panic, its informing people of what I believe to be the case and I believe people (just like you) are downplaying this, acting like it's another swine flu. No I don't have a PhD. I have a BS in Environmental Science from Washington. I didn't study biology but I took a lot of it. Do I know that this is the case? no. It could be general health or age of a region in Italy, I am speaking from my gut and what I have learned in my lifetime. I'm no expert, just one of you.

so you’ve got all this education and you work in a hub?
Time and money well spent