theee manager who used his garage as a hub

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I seem to recall some areas (Florida maybe?) where retired mgmt was using their resi garages to store deliveries in their garages for the golf cart and bicycle drivers.

They gave my old center two of those bike and basket combo things one year and it snowed every day after they arrived. They went away and never came back.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Please post the stories that turned out to be fluff. Thx
Just like ups trying to get a signature at a house after 7 pm....ridiculous and totally unacceptable... And most of the time it's only ups out there that late...when all of the competition is already in...

10 point

In most cities/counties this goes against coding. Ups should be fined and this should stop immediately
I doubt if homeowner insurance covers hazmats or ORMDs stored there and I'm sure Classified drugs would be a federal issue.
It's probably no big deal unless there's a claim, spill or a theft reported.
Heck, get a broken Hazmat to leak down the drain in a residential garage and I would sure hate to pay the bill to clean that mess up when it got into the sewer or septic system.

The underwriter of that home insurance policy would walk away.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just like ups trying to get a signature at a house after 7 pm....ridiculous and totally unacceptable... And most of the time it's only ups out there that late...when all of the competition is already in...
I'm actually pretty surprised at how smoothly this peak season has ran for me. I'm in before 6.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm actually pretty surprised at how smoothly this peak season has ran for me. I'm in before 6.

(Knock on wood) This has been my experience as well. Very, very smooth----thus far. Minimal waiting times for any air that was not there before driver start time. Cars wrapped while waiting for said air.

My helper asked me yesterday if I realized that I am paid by the hour. I guess he is not too fond of my work pace. Oh, well, I'm sure he'll get over it.

SoCalUPS

My cousin is actually doing this kind of delivery and I witnessed it first hand. It's crazy that UPS is allowed to do this and that cities are unaware. Without giving to much information, I met my cousin at a private residence. In the drive way was a locked shipping container. Once opened, the container was filled with packages, a golf cart and a handheld. He drives around all day in the golf cart delivering packages. He is not allowed to go on major streets with the golf cart. He is being paid seasonal helper pay while doing delivery driver work. This is in Southern California. Once he's done delivering in the morning, he works his regular shift at the Hub at night.

HandleMyPackage-Mgt

Richard in a box
Valid points on hazmats, ORMD's, etc, but in the end most of these pkgs are probably resi deliveries that are toys, clothes, and other gifts for Christmas. The same people bitching about UPS storing packages in this garage are the same people that would bitch if they didn't get their Tonka Truck in time for Christmas bc we didn't think outside the box like this. Typical societal BS.....not happy unless complaining. It gets real old!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Valid points on hazmats, ORMD's, etc, but in the end most of these pkgs are probably resi deliveries that are toys, clothes, and other gifts for Christmas. The same people bitching about UPS storing packages in this garage are the same people that would bitch if they didn't get their Tonka Truck in time for Christmas bc we didn't think outside the box like this. Typical societal BS.....not happy unless complaining. It gets real old!
Tell it to the DOT, OSHA, EPA, and all other applicable agencies.

This Company wide mindset, that we must operate successfully outside the boundaries of our chosen levels of staffing and infrastructure, boggles my mind.

It's not OK and it's not our problem.....and it's certainly not these managers neighbors problem.