Then and now....

Stat41

Our uniforms use to be made of quality material and when we ordered them, we received what we ordered. Quickly

We got the opportunity for two merit raises per year, plus bonuses.

We topped out relatively quickly, especially compared to now

With the adjustment for inflation, our starting pay was much more.

We use to get split-shift differential pay.

We received company provided pension.

We use to get 10 sick days per year

We use to be treated as valued employees of a company we were proud to work for. But that was then.

bbsam

Staff member
Our uniforms use to be made of quality material and when we ordered them, we received what we ordered. Quickly

We use to be treated as valued employees of a company we were proud to work for. But that was then.
And then Memphis found out they could get somewhat acceptable results with higher profits with the Ground model. You’re needed, but not permanently. Your position is a job and of letting you view it as a career gets a few more years out of you, so be it.

AB831

I started at Fredex in 2016, and none of those things were even remotely the case now. However, the opinion of what a great company it used to be was unanimous. It’s a real shame because it could have been a great job; Fat Freddy just made sure that it was anything but.

bacha29

And then Memphis found out they could get somewhat acceptable results with higher profits with the Ground model. You’re needed, but not permanently. Your position is a job and of letting you view it as a career gets a few more years out of you, so be it.
You're simply reaffirming what I've always said. It's now simply transitional employment, just a job between jobs. Something to tide you over until the kind of job you can commit your peak earning years to comes along. If Fat Freddy or his contractor minions can't keep up with the turnover that's the risk they agreed to take in exchange for better margins and higher returns.

FedUpRTD

We used to get 2nd and 3rd shift differential pay.

We used to get doubles pay (CTV stuff).

bbsam

Staff member
You're simply reaffirming what I've always said. It's now simply transitional employment, just a job between jobs. Something to tide you over until the kind of job you can commit your peak earning years to comes along. If Fat Freddy or his contractor minions can't keep up with the turnover that's the risk they agreed to take in exchange for better margins and higher returns.
I’m repeating what I’ve been repeating for years. Why keep employees for 30 years on a job that wipes them out in 10?

bbsam

Staff member
I started at Fredex in 2016, and none of those things were even remotely the case now. However, the opinion of what a great company it used to be was unanimous. It’s a real shame because it could have been a great job; Fat Freddy just made sure that it was anything but.
Stock price is through the roof. Why would he care what you think?

AB831

Because without those employees FedEx would not exist.
I don’t understand why the purple Koolaid quaffers on here think that just because a company can treat you like s%@t means that they have to. That’s what separates a good job from a terrible one. A little appreciation goes a long way.

AB831

The best part of all is that they STILL try to promote the lie that this is one of the best companies in the world to work for. The only difference is no one believes it anymore.

newgirl

There's a thread on Reddit in the nostupidquestions subreddit asking why fedex sucks now. If the responses are any indication then the customers know. But most have no choice in who delivers their pkg

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Stock price is through the roof. Why would he care what you think?
Sounds like you still worship the old weasel. He had help through a pandemic to achieve this. It certainly wasn't because of any great leadership.

ManInBrown

I’m repeating what I’ve been repeating for years. Why keep employees for 30 years on a job that wipes them out in 10?
What an idiotic comment. I worked at Express for 12 years as a courier. You could do the job for 100 years and retire in one piece. It’s an envelope and 3 pound box job. It’s not even remotely close to the job of a UPS package driver. That’s a ten year job. That’s a job where if you make it to retirement you’re completely broken down. FedEx Express courier ten year job lolol. What’s so hard about delivering a crate full of envelopes.? Lolol. And when I worked at Express, Ground wasn’t what it was today. The job has to be even easier now. Everything must go Ground now. Ground wasn’t anywhere near the established arm of company it must be now.