There is more than the Union that can Help!!

Driveslayer

These are some tips that turned the heat back on UPS in our center which has made a big difference in the reduction of unwarranted production harassment. First of all, you might be working in a at-will state such as Florida. If so be thankful you do have the union for some relief, otherwise you have very little protection from being terminated. If you are currently employed and unfairly harassed over production there some things you can do about it. First, document and grieve every form of discipline with the union if it was unwarranted or not. You can file complaints with OSHA, DOL, DOT, NRLB, EEOC and others. If you are told by mgrs. on ojs rides to speed or block handicapped parking, you can pull over and call your DOT or OSHA. Always file a grievance and complaint on this. It is illegal to be coerced, harassed or intimidated to work unsafe by your management. If you are unjustly fired over production, your rights drastically swing in your favor with regards to state and national laws. Hire only a employment and labor attorney. They are very busy these days, so if one takes your case be happy. Our center was pushed to the edge and everyone knew it was time to get the Unity back. We collectively fought together and those who were unjustly fired became hero's. Those who deserved to be fired, well thats their problem. Use the 340 methods, not only the ones that save you time, but every single one. Stay off your phones on Company time. Only use DIAD for work communictions. At least your efforts will be on record. Do not speed(remember ups will not pay for your ticket or the increase to your insurance, but they will keep your driving record on file). Check your employee often and makes copies of it. You do have to do it on your time and pay for copying expenses. Most sups will act like they never heard of this. Never give up and do not let your co-drivers work off the clock.

satellitedriver

These are some tips that turned the heat back on UPS in our center which has made a big difference in the reduction of unwarranted production harassment. First of all, you might be working in a at-will state such as Florida. If so be thankful you do have the union for some relief, otherwise you have very little protection from being terminated. If you are currently employed and unfairly harassed over production there some things you can do about it. First, document and grieve every form of discipline with the union if it was unwarranted or not. You can file complaints with OSHA, DOL, DOT, NRLB, EEOC and others. If you are told by mgrs. on ojs rides to speed or block handicapped parking, you can pull over and call your DOT or OSHA. Always file a grievance and complaint on this. It is illegal to be coerced, harassed or intimidated to work unsafe by your management. If you are unjustly fired over production, your rights drastically swing in your favor with regards to state and national laws. Hire only a employment and labor attorney. They are very busy these days, so if one takes your case be happy. Our center was pushed to the edge and everyone knew it was time to get the Unity back. We collectively fought together and those who were unjustly fired became hero's. Those who deserved to be fired, well thats their problem. Use the 340 methods, not only the ones that save you time, but every single one. Stay off your phones on Company time. Only use DIAD for work communictions. At least your efforts will be on record. Do not speed(remember ups will not pay for your ticket or the increase to your insurance, but they will keep your driving record on file). Check your employee often and makes copies of it. You do have to do it on your time and pay for copying expenses. Most sups will act like they never heard of this. Never give up and do not let your co-drivers work off the clock.

Good advice,
These same agency's enforce the same laws in right to work states.
All any worker has to do is provide documented abuse to any of the above named agency's.
Grievances play little part in a Federal / State lawsuit. Grievances only apply to the contract between the two parties involved.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Good advice,
These same agency's enforce the same laws in right to work states.
All any worker has to do is provide documented abuse to any of the above named agency's.
Grievances play little part in a Federal / State lawsuit. Grievances only apply to the contract between the two parties involved.
Grievances are important though when dealing with these various government agencies as they often defer to the grievance process when a collective bargaining agreement is in place. A grievance should always be our first line of defense.

UPSSOCKS

That sounds like a nervous laugh to me.

It's comical how you guys are always trying to figure out a way to go after the company... It's seems like a sad life...... One day you get old and die...... Your only accomplishment in a lifetime is winning a few grievances..........

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's comical how you guys are always trying to figure out a way to go after the company... It's seems like a sad life...... One day you get old and die...... Your only accomplishment in a lifetime is winning a few grievances..........

It is not going after the company. It is getting paid. I realize you are only here to troll yet this post actually seems to be too real to be fake.
Just one or two a month (at $60/hr) is money you can put away for retirement, etc. Not very long ago, as I hope you know, interest rates would put $300/mo in grievance money into tens of thousands in a very short time.

THE STIG

its comical how you part time brain trusts keep repeating the same mistakes to get me free money. keep it up managment

satellitedriver

Comical?
Sad that you do not understand the rights and responsibilities of both parties in a contractual agreement.
"One day you get old"
As so shall you,
hopefully,
you might gain the wisdom that can come with age and experience.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
+1 Sleeve......Except for the Grievance Money part.

What was wrong with that part? The entire grievance process regarding supervisors working is monetary. Monetary as far as the grievant getting paid, and h&w contributions into the union fund.

I could care less about getting back at the company or however low level sups want to label it. It's simply taking the money that they are stealing and putting it where it rightfully belongs.

UPSSOCKS

lol. you wanna edit that and try with another comeback or is that your final answer???

Nope.. I'm sticking to it.. You're probably on welfare or close to it, I don't blame you for trying to steal money... I am sure you have stolen alot of things in your life.... It's what you have to do to survive... I feel bad for you.....