There's a new BrownCafe app at the android marketplace, get one, it's free

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vbulletin.build_990&feature=search_result

Description

With BrownCafe Mobile, you can access BrownCafe.com's UPS info for UPSers forum directly from your Android Mobile Device.

- Send and receive Private messages
- Access and post to the most recent discussions
- View BrownCafe member profiles
- Customize your mobile account and read and post to our forum from your mobile device anywhere, anytime

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
FYI Getting an invalid_api_signature error on startup. Running gingerbread evo shift.
This error has been reported a few times today. I opened a support ticket about it at the vendor. From what I've been told if you just rapidly click the error message a few times it goes away. That sounds pretty annoying so I'm hoping that tech support is able to help us get rid of that ASAP.

I'm going to assume this is the reason tapatalk no longer works on this forum?
I just set up the new app today and I have to borrow a phone to test it on so I don't really have enough experience with it to know if it would have any impact on tapatalk. I don't think it would interfere with tapatalk if you don't install the new app, but I'm not sure.

Tapatalk seems to tweak their software and release an update every time our core forum software vendor releases an update. If it tapatalk quit working before today then I probably missed installing one of their updates. I'll check tomorrow to make sure we have the latest one and hopefully that fixes it.

brett636

Yea, tapatalk hasn't worked for awhile on these forums. Also I downloaded the new app and tried running it and got the error "unusual server response".

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm working on it right now. It may take a few hours because tech support wants me to upload new versions of all files, disable all software hacks and jump through a lot of hoops before they will help me trouble shoot this.

uurrrrrghhh

Thank you for your patience.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
FYI Getting an invalid_api_signature error on startup. Running gingerbread evo shift.
That error should be gone now.

Yea, tapatalk hasn't worked for awhile on these forums. Also I downloaded the new app and tried running it and got the error "unusual server response".
There is a newer version of tapatalk out but I don't have an android phone available to test it to see if it conflicts with our new app. I'll work on this this evening when Tony (and most importantly his phone) get home.

Thank you both for your patience.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
There is a newer version of tapatalk out but I don't have an android phone available to test it to see if it conflicts with our new app. I'll work on this this evening when Tony (and most importantly his phone) get home.

I just installed the latest version of the tapatalk app and when I added their java call to the headinclude template it caused a conflict with our existing display style. Not sure if installing our new app was the cause of that or if they need to update their app to accomodate the vb software security patch that was released today.

I'll keep my eye on their releases and try installing it again the next time they update.