They didn't say anything about being in a box...

BUCN85

Omg today was a new one. I had a call tag for a residence. I show up and the guy hands me a kindle in the bag it comes packed in. And I looked at him and said " um this needs to be in a box". And I get a reply back. " well they never said anything about a box when I called" lol. I couldn't believe it!

T

Turdferguson

Omg today was a new one. I had a call tag for a residence. I show up and the guy hands me a kindle in the bag it comes packed in. And I looked at him and said " um this needs to be in a box". And I get a reply back. " well they never said anything about a box when I called" lol. I couldn't believe it!
Did you take it?

Had someone hand me a Dish network receiver No box. ARS label stuck on it. Git mad when I wouldn't take it ...lol

9.5er

Had a lady hand me a plastic grocery bag with all the parts and pieces that needed to go back with the call tag. I told her she needed to go dumpster diving to find a box or something cause that won't gonna work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you fairly new?

BrownArmy

Had the AM-OMS message me to pick up a package that had been delivered a few days earlier, and RTS it.

So far, so good.

Get to the address, lady hands me a box - the original label has been completely removed, no PAL label, nothing, handwritten 'to and from' labels, WTF.

I tell her, "This isn't going to work, etc.", she screams at me and slams the door.

Sure, no problem.

Got paid twenty minutes to figure it out with the PM OMS - we reverse engineered the original 1Z and all's well that end's well.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A customer that I don't know that well or even at all HELL NO, if its a customer that I know very well and for some odd reason doesn't have a box for it, I will take 1 of the ups shipper boxes or the appropriate envelope from the supplies I keep on the truck and kindly put it in there, seal it up and put the call tag on it so it can be shipped. Ill kindly remind the customer for now on, it needx to be in a box and I can do you this favor this time, but please have it prepared next time, saying this nicely in a professional manner.

Brownslave688

Had the AM-OMS message me to pick up a package that had been delivered a few days earlier, and RTS it.

So far, so good.

Get to the address, lady hands me a box - the original label has been completely removed, no PAL label, nothing, handwritten 'to and from' labels, WTF.

I tell her, "This isn't going to work, etc.", she screams at me and slams the door.

Sure, no problem.

Got paid twenty minutes to figure it out with the PM OMS - we reverse engineered the original 1Z and all's well that end's well.
Why in the world would you pick that up?

I assume it had likely been opened also?

Brownslave688

A customer that I don't know that well or even at all HELL NO, if its a customer that I know very well and for some odd reason doesn't have a box for it, I will take 1 of the ups shipper boxes or the appropriate envelope from the supplies I keep on the truck and kindly put it in there, seal it up and put the call tag on it so it can be shipped. Ill kindly remind the customer for now on, it needx to be in a box and I can do you this favor this time, but please have it prepared next time, saying this nicely in a professional manner.
I once told an older gentleman like 80+ he needed a box. Says I'll be right back.

It was a 20 minute ordeal. He had to go the attic to find a box. Lmao.

SCV good to go sir.

I like it when I tell people I can't take it if it isn't in a box. Not Ready 1. Next day I go back, lo and behold they found the original :censored2:ing box (which is now more tape than cardboard). I usually take it just because I don't need any extra problems this early in my career.

Heaven forbid they muster up the will to go to Staples or The UPS Store to get it packaged properly. I can only imagine the sheer effort they put in to search through their trash can for the box and barely tape it. My coworker said it best, "Some of these customers, they're about as smart as these cardboard boxes."