They only mention the "good" things in the announcement, so what are they taking away?

Pickles

We all know Black Friday will be gone. What else do you speculate that we are trading off for all this "great" stuff they are giving us? Will we have to pay anything for our insurance?

Last edited:
We all know Black Friday will be gone. What else do you speculate that we are trading off for all this "great" stuff they are giving us? Will we have to pay anything for our insurance?
if they are taking Black Friday away that pretty much means our raises about $0. 50 a year anybody votes for that and they should be shot

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it did say something about a 7 day a week operation. forgive me if that is common knowledge.

i was never forced to work a holiday because of my seniority. if they could make everyone work because of contract changes I would call out either the following friday or monday to have a 3 day weekend.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Crap, I didnt even consider that! I was hoping to bid into a decent 22.3 when i got older. Something easier on the joints

All of the 22.3 jobs in my building for the last 12+ years have been filled with drivers coming back off the road. It has been a great safety net for them when their bodies and mind can not take it anymore.

DoYouEvenLift

Yeah I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. They will only release the "good" parts of the contract early (and this entire forum has been quick to point out that the good parts are not even that good....If anything they're a bit :censored2:) to try to convince us to vote yes.

I'm just worried to see the parts they are trying to hide from us. Having a baby in October, cannot afford to lose medical coverage.

cachmeifucan

31 a hour times 10 hours =310 × 2 double time= 620 plus holiday pay. Now do .80 × 40 hours =32$× 20 weeks = 640 = no raise. Of course they put the stuff they think is good out. But it's not good enough I'm voting no and will be campaigning to vote no

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
31 a hour times 10 hours =310 × 2 double time= 620 plus holiday pay. Now do .80 × 40 hours =32$× 20 weeks = 640 = no raise. Of course they put the stuff they think is good out. But it's not good enough I'm voting no and will be campaigning to vote no

Even if those numbers don't match up at all regions you do make a good point.

browned_out

I heard from a friend who is a manager in a large hub, that we will have to start paying for our healthcare. I cannot verify if that's true or not, lets hope not.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
I heard from a friend who is a manager in a large hub, that we will have to start paying for our healthcare. I cannot verify if that's true or not, lets hope not.
There's always an assbag manager spreading that kind of ridiculous drivel.
Remember, they have been paying for their own insurance for better than a decade.

542thruNthru

He's a liar. Tell him you heard that the new contract states "Every teamster gets a turn on (supes name) wife."

See if he buys that one. ;)

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Funny thing is people complain about OT and working all these hours yet they are in so much debt, that when a plan comes out to address OT and such then they get scared bc they can’t afford their lifestyle lol

km3

There's no way in hell the contract passes a vote by the members if that happens. People are already up in arms about other issues, that would be the final nail in the coffin.