They want yer feeder jobs!!!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
anyone who drives feeders knows the limitations on current technology. our lane sensors and automatic braking freak out all the time. its unreliable and is a long way from replacing the driver.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I drove a truck for a short time and I would worry about how the truck could respond to the stupid things car drivers do around trucks. You don't realize how frequently they happen until you're sitting up in that cab.
No different than a human would react and actually probably quicker and more consistently.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No different than a human would react and actually probably quicker and more consistently.

True, but for a human to get into an accident is forgiveable by most people. Human error.

But if an autonomous vehicle gets into an accident, irregardless of fault, most people won't be as forgiving and will push for a ban on them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
True, but for a human to get into an accident is forgiveable by most people. Human error.

But if an autonomous vehicle gets into an accident, irregardless of fault, most people won't be as forgiving and will push for a ban on them.
It'll be a tricky transition but if the government wants it it'll happen.

It's this that scares me much more than drones or amazon.