Thievery-Delivery Intercept

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A pickup customer of mine informed me today that customers cannot call the 800 number to have a package intercepted. Apparently people would call up and get a package rerouted that didn't belong to them. Shippers can only do it online.. Is this new or has this always been the policy?

UPSGUY72

A pickup customer of mine informed me today that customers cannot call the 800 number to have a package intercepted. Apparently people would call up and get a package rerouted that didn't belong to them. Shippers can only do it online.. Is this new or has this always been the policy?

This is new. The shipper has to log onto there account to do this now.

FYI - Fedex doesn't not have this service.

hudson

Shippers were able to call in a delivery intercept, but that changed a couple of months ago. Now shippers can only request a delivery intercept from their Worldship or ups.com....but the shipper must request for delivery intercept be "turned on" from their AE. The option is there but it is greyed out until the AE gives the shipper rights.

pretzel_man

Delivery intercept isn't guaranteed to work or has that been perfected?

Delivery intercept is not guaranteed. However, the process is about 98% effective right now.

Sometimes a customer requests an intercept and there is not enough time to get the message to the DIAD before delivery. This makes up a lot of the missed intercepts.

P-Man