Things that drivers actually do for their customers...

trickpony1

Keep in mind that I am basically driving right by there (sort of) in the afternoon. I wouldn't do it if it involved going off route.

That's all well and good, and a noble gesture, but when a big shot in the Ivory Towers sees this "unscheduled work and padded miles" and wants to know who this "rogue" driver is guess who is gonna take the heat?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Once delivered a king sized matress-in-a-box. Piece was loaded in back and garage door was open, so backed in and got it into garage. Krustomer comes around and asks if I can bring it to the front door.
Suuuuurrrree I say, obviously irritated. As I'm carrying it, he then says something like,
"I'll hold the door, once you get this into the bedroom, I need you to take the old one into the garage."
I set it down just inside the front door and told him that I'm paid to deliver it to his door, turned around and walked away shaking my head.
Wtf?!? Maybe whoever he ordered it from gave the impression that the ups guy will do all this? Sorry, not me

Poop Head

Judge me.
Nice things I MAY do is re-attempt medication deliveries the same day if not too far out of the way, wait or comeback to pickups if they aren't ready, hide the side of the box with a big hole in it. Open door and holler for certain disabled customers and deliver inside where they can get at it. All depends on how grouchy I've become up until that point hahah

barnyard

KTM rider
I did a reattempt today. Code 4 house, I am pretty sure that they are code 4 because one of the vacation drivers left something really light on their porch and it blew into the next county. Anyways, I was driving by, garage door was open and I got rid of it.

DSM515

I delivered a tent to an office building last week, 4 big boxes all together weighing well over 100 pounds. Brought it up to the third floor, made it in the office and the lady said " wow I didn't think it was gonna be so big, can we take it to my car?". I loaded it all back up, wheeled it down to the parking lot and helped her load it into her car.
I bet she wasn't ugly....

WorknLateHuh

I wonder how many customers have made up stories about having a bad back, just got surgery, or other bizarre thing to get drivers to bring overweights into the home...

ill admit, i feel for them every time and will help em out, but if i have customer making demands, thats another story.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Once delivered a king sized matress-in-a-box. Piece was loaded in back and garage door was open, so backed in and got it into garage. Krustomer comes around and asks if I can bring it to the front door.
Suuuuurrrree I say, obviously irritated. As I'm carrying it, he then says something like,
"I'll hold the door, once you get this into the bedroom, I need you to take the old one into the garage."
I set it down just inside the front door and told him that I'm paid to deliver it to his door, turned around and walked away shaking my head.
Wtf?!? Maybe whoever he ordered it from gave the impression that the ups guy will do all this? Sorry, not me
As soon as the guy said anything about going into his house and taking out his garbage, I would have set the box down where ever I was and walked away.