Things the contract should address

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by OrionsBitch, Jun 13, 2018.

1. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

If someone is on the 9.5 list it shouldn't be limited to 3 days a week. I'm it should be 9.0 and not 9.5.

Distance a bidroute can travel from core work. I have seen numerous bid route destroyed in my building because dispatch is giving them random cuts two counties over. It's bull:censored2:. They bid those areas and earned the with time for a reason.

There should be a limit in total weight a driver is allowed to move per day. Including pickups and deliveries. When I see these guys going out with plugged trucks full of metal bricks only to pick up the same thing g later I can't imagine their health will be good in 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Strike strike strike

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. Gumby

Gumby *

Sometimes a bricked out truck isn't too bad if you have a lot of dock stops.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Sickofit

Sickofit watching the show

Or a dump truck.

Work safely. Drive the speed limit. Use the methods.
    Have missed businesses.
    Get the work off your truck.

5. Gumby

Gumby *

Sometimes how much stuff that is in a package car can be misleading. You could have a smaller trick with less bulk but every house might be 150 feet away from the street.

Every route is so different I don't know how you can come up with an honest time allowance on them.

6. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

You still have to move the boxes regardless if it's a dock stopor not. Digging through a truck, stepping over boxes etc isn't a safe work method. Yet that's what happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Gumby

Gumby *

Would you rather dump off 100 boxes at your first stop or would you rather load up a dolly, make several trips to get rid of 40 boxes?

8. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

Depends on the boxes, distance, entry point, dock height, etc.

9. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

Yes

10. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

I also think that if time or allowances for anything work related are put onto paper, UPS will only flip the interpretation and screw us even more, that what they do. I’m starting to think we need LESS in the contract, leave it open for even more and less one sided interpretations.

11. Gumby

Gumby *

Their is no real honest way you can give an exact time allowance for a package or a stop.

I honestly don't care, I just go deliver them. I only worry about the numbers on my paycheck

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  12. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

That's w
    Hey we also need triple time past 7 lol

13. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

So I guess you're all for a 70hr work week? Screw it let's put more freight I .the ground guys too! All you care about is the money!

14. Sickofit

If we did it by the book they'd have to hire a bunch of new drivers.

Take the stuff to the back door of the house and watch the spohr sink like a lead balloon.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Gumby

Gumby *

Im not afraid to work, my day is already shot what's another hour? I work hard because I want out of here not because I want to.
    Every hour of overtime now is an hour and a half I don't have to work later.

16. Gumby

Gumby *

I just do the best I can. I can't run anymore but I can still get it done and I don't cry like all of these young punks

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Sickofit

No doubt. Running is overrated.
    Unless you get stuck in the hood after dark.

18. Gumby

Gumby *

Deliver it before noon, nobody is awake yet.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Thus why he said it can be misleading

20. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

Some days I give it the old college try. Other days when I'm slammed. I could care less when I finish. I just figure if they don't care I shouldn't either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List